or Connect

Posts by waybacmac

I like Apple. I like PayPal. Apple should buy PayPal. Would make me happy.
I said Apple lost the patent war. Apple "won" $2 billion, since reduced and being chipped away at, and have yet to collect a dime; and dropped all remaining patent suits outside the US and they're not doing too good there. Meanwhile Samsung clearly has gotten away with their patent infringements. Pisses me off but that's the reality. Nor did I say Apple lost in marketing; just that Apple needs to step up their game. Tech history is full of companies that hit the heights of...
I am impressed with both the article and with Apple's work in this field.
I'm beginning to wonder if Apple management isn't getting a bit sloppy. Not in the products but in marketing them. The fiasco with the live stream could almost be excused; at least Apple presentations don't use silly skits that end up offending half the population of the US. But Cook & Co. must have realized that Samsung would come out with ads like these, and yet the few Apple ads that have come out so far are really weak. Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon going,...
You can add Amazon and FaceBook to that scenario (as well as two more little buttons). Someone' gonna pay big bucks for Square. Tech Bubble 2.0 is here; bust is around the corner. Oh, I forgot…add Samsung in there, too…jest for the heck of it.
OK, I'm disappointed. It's square, a very elegant square admittedly, but a square. A chubby square. A chubby square with measles. What kind of interface is measles? And a knob. OK, you say it's a dial. A knob, really? At least it doesn't look as massive as the Moto 360. It does seem to me that Apple's watch straps look much, much better than Moto's or Samy's, and especially where the strap meets the watch. And I did kinda, almost, nearly nailed it as there are three kinds....
It's a new commercial. Mr Tim always shows a new commercial or two, just as Steve used to. U2 is in a commercial. No biggie.
Mac owner since 1985 and NOW they have a loyalty program! And of course it's not going to be retroactive. [Sigh]    /S
I'm surprised how many people don't realize that deleting a photo from their iPhone doesn't also delete the copy in Photo Stream. With iTunes Match, when I delete a matched song from my library, I get a dialog asking me if I want to delete the copy in the cloud as well. Maybe the same could be applied to Photo Stream. 
Cute but no cigar. Any form of eyewear with any form of HUD would be rightly derided as a knock-off of Google Glass. I am so-o-o-o-o-o-o tired of all the contradicting rumors and wild guesses about the looks and features of the iPhone(s), iWatch(es) and iWhatever.Gawd I can't wait for this to be over.