or Connect

Posts by waybacmac

It seems to me that no one, on either side of the issue, is interested in standards of quality for customers. Promises of speeds up to X are meaningless if the average speed actually provided is only 50% 0f X. Flat rate should not be defined as speeds flattening to near zero after X megabytes. If internet connectivity is to be a necessary utility, then there needs to be discussion about quality. You're not getting electricity if the current is too weak to light a bulb, nor...
New York City, and Manhattan specifically, is generally considered to be the financial and business center of the world.   Apple first opened a permanent store in Manhattan in 2002. It now has five stores there.   Microsoft, the premier software and cloud services provider to the enterprise, has 102 stores – none in Manhattan.   'Nuff said…
 You're right. Long day (night?). I need to lighten up. But just imagine the cabin crew trying to serve meals and drinks while being ignored by people busy talking on their phones. Imagine trying to get out of your window seat and having to disturb someone on the phone who gives you one of those "looks" when you want to get to the WC. Imagine waiting at the WC door while hearing the person in the WC is talking on the phone, and the next person behind you is also talking on...
 The heck it don't! Just wait for the fights to break out. If you think it will be bad enough with inconsiderate callers, wait until alcohol gets tossed into the mix. Flying for hours with strangers in the sardine-can environment of economy class is bad enough, but OMG there are so many people out there who really don't give a damn about anybody else. Allowing unrestricted phone calls on flights is such a bad idea on so many levels and at any altitude. I am so much against...
 I know what you're saying, but where is the math? How is it determined that traffic needs to be regulated? What is the trigger-point for starting the reduction process? How is it determined who gets throttled and how much throttling is required? At what point is the throttling stopped?  Is throttling an on-off process or is the throttling stepped up or down according to specific conditions? What are those conditions? You want to talk economics? So do I. Show me the...
You're no fun.  Think of it as entry level training to be a financial analyst.  
 I'm sure I'm not the only one who has taken one of the old rainbow decals and cut it to fit over the MacBook logo. In answer to your question, I miss the old logo too but I've moved on just as Apple has.
Gee, wouldn't this be a great opportunity for a real smart company, with a well-functioning alternate smart phone OS but small market share, to offer manufacturers such an OS at a very much reduced cost? But where would one find such a company?   Hint: not in Washington state. 
You are right. Steve's vision was to make insanely great products, and that is what I meant. But I don't remember him wanting to be the uber-dominating tech company like Bill Gates' Windows everywhere and in everything philosophy. "Stay hungry, stay foolish."- isn't that what underdogs do? Isn't that the point of the "1984" commercial? /Philosopher mode off