or Connect

Posts by waybacmac

Be careful what you wish for. I prefer Apple stays the underdog. It keeps them true to SJ's vision.
The way I see it, the reason for all the confusion over the "iWatch" is because the sources of the rumors continue to believe there is only one type of iWatch. How the heck can anyone get any decent battery life in a decent size and shape if they stuff one thing with all possible sensors and functions? OK, maybe someday but I don't see the technology being there now.   I am still holding to my belief that Apple will introduce three types of "iWatch" (but won't use that...
Hmmm...I just have to wonder what relationship there is or will be between Schiller and Iovine.
I still cannot believe that there will be a single "iWatch". As I go over all the stuff I've read, I can count at least three possible models: 1) a fitness model, 2) a health monitor (maybe even two, specialized for cardiac problems and for diabetes), and 3) a luxury model (think real Swiss movement with a subtle notification function - maybe not a watch per se but a technology to be licensed).   Plus, even though they got the trademark, I can't believe Apple would...
You forgot 5. It's an iPad nano.  
I also unexpectedly received the beta of Safari 7.1 which was automatically installed onto my MBP. On first opening Safari 7.1, a dialog advised me to re-enable those extensions that I felt were safe. From Preferences I began to re-enable my extensions without a problem. However, on checking the Enable box for LastPass I got a spinning beach-ball and Safari 7.1 was totally locked up. Anyone else seen this? I sent a bug report to both the LastPass people and to Apple (thru...
Apple - Apple TV   Google - Google TV, Nexus Q, Chromecast, Android TV   More clear proof that Apple can't innovate     /s 
If by "former Eastern Bloc" you mean the former Communist countries aligned with the USSR prior to 1989, then I'm afraid your article is very much incorrect. I believe Apple's first retail presence in the former Eastern Bloc is their Apple store in Dresden, Germany, previously part of the Deutsche Demokratische Republik or DDR. While other Apple stores opened earlier in Germany, they were all in West Germany or Bundesrepublik Deutschland (BRD). Both...
You were saying…http://gigaom.com/2014/03/27/new-samsung-connected-led-bulbs-can-brighten-your-smart-home/
No, no, no! Microsoft should drop hardware and concentrate on enterprise software like this Enterprise Mobility Suite; software that comes in versions for all major operating systems. The old Microsoft was doomed to failure when they embarked on that stupid quest to have Windows be everywhere and do everything*. Satya Nadella is doing the right thing - not Windows One Drive but Microsoft One Drive, not Windows Office but Microsoft Office for Windows, for Mac, for Linux,...