or Connect

Posts by waybacmac

Ya know, I really hope your experience means that Apple will soon provide the same to all those folks with defective early 2011 MBPs.
Now that Samsung has shown that any company with enough money and a good team of lawyers can steal, copy, and violate any patent it wants and get away with it, I guess we can expect to see Xiaomi do the same and enter the US market with guns a'blazing.
Sorry TS. That train left the station a while ago. Time for us to move along.
 I have a late-2011 high-end MacBook Pro which I use daily for hours on end. I have had no problems with it. I don't have AppleCare either. Unless you can show that you are an electrical/electronics engineer well experienced in the design and construction of modern computers or are otherwise qualified, you'd be well advised to avoid making such wildly inaccurate generalizations. There are denizens of this forum who will show you the errors of your ways in very direct and...
This year the iPhone… 4 will be dropped entirely. 4S (3.5") with 4GB storage replaces the 4 as the "developing markets" phone. 5C (4.0") will continue with Touch ID and two new patterned backsides - flowers and blue with white polka dots. 5S (4.0") will continue with minor updates. 6 (4.7") as rumored. 6L (5.5") as rumored.   Next year the iPhone… 6S (4.0") will have  performance and feature upgrades in the same style as the original 6 and replace both the 4...
Ah-ha, do you mean the one that will fit in the upcoming iTime watchband so you can wear it on your wrist?
In the absence of any real numbers as to how many MBPs are affected, I'll give Apple the benefit of the doubt that the issue is still being evaluated. In light of what else is going on, this may not be Apple's highest priority right now. I also figure that there is no other computer manufacturer on the planet who would even consider replacing three year old computers, manufacturing error or not. Still, I hope Apple does the right thing* for the owners of affected...
I really don't understand Apple's reluctance to advertise more about the Mac's ability to run Windows natively. I'm pretty sure that most Mac owners know this; but I think there is a lot of non-techie WinPC users out there who don't know it, or think that it's still the old-style emulation. I doubt that Apple has any qualms about head-to-head comparisons between MacOS and Windows (and especially with Win 8).   If Microsoft wants to advertise, "Hey look! Surface can run...
It seems to me that no one, on either side of the issue, is interested in standards of quality for customers. Promises of speeds up to X are meaningless if the average speed actually provided is only 50% 0f X. Flat rate should not be defined as speeds flattening to near zero after X megabytes. If internet connectivity is to be a necessary utility, then there needs to be discussion about quality. You're not getting electricity if the current is too weak to light a bulb, nor...
New York City, and Manhattan specifically, is generally considered to be the financial and business center of the world.   Apple first opened a permanent store in Manhattan in 2002. It now has five stores there.   Microsoft, the premier software and cloud services provider to the enterprise, has 102 stores – none in Manhattan.   'Nuff said…