or Connect

Posts by waybacmac

In the hope that "better-late-than-never" still applies, I am shocked to learn the news so late and saddened by the loss of jragosta. Rest in Peace.
 I don't think so. First, she did't buy the argument. Second, I think she did everyone a favor by cautioning the attorneys before someone does say something…mmm…stupid. In the heat-of-battle kind of thing if you know what I mean.
 Think iPod compared to the music players that preceded it. Think iPhone to the "smart" phones that preceded it. Think iPad to the tablets that preceded it. I think there is a very good chance you'll get your wish.
 Yeah, me - "I'm open to the possibility that an Apple "smart" wristwatch and a "health" sensor/monitor might be two distinct devices."* Nice to know I'm not alone. * Rumor: Apple's next-gen iOS 8 to include 'Healthbook' app for comprehensive health monitoring
 Yes you did, mate. If you zoom in a bit and look at the area with the staircase, you'll see that the second floor is set well back from the from the front doors and there is a railing around the edge.  Haven't you heard, mon ami? It doesn't rain in California…and I don't mean the song. There is a serious drought out west. No rain for the entire month of January. Been like that for months. If it does rain, I imagine people will be dancing in the street…and I don't mean the...
I'm open to the possibility that an Apple "smart" wristwatch and a "health" sensor/monitor might be two distinct devices. I don't have any specific ideas what they might look like but it just feels that with all the various functions being speculated about there is maybe too much for a single device. Just a thought.
 Yeah I don't think Apple is going to introduce any new products. I think sog35 came closer to the mark – a quick retrospective concluding with a tease of unspecified things to come. BTW, I watched that Samsung commercial because I had forgotten it. I wish I hadn't done that… 
  R-R-R-I-I-I-G-G-G-H-H-H-T-T-T.  *smirk*
I whole heartily agree. Apple is a hardware company first. Their software is to support the hardware. That's why they give away a lot of the software for free. That's why I never liked the idea from the moment I heard of it. I'm afraid this will end very badly for Apple.
The real loser in the market for smart watches is Casio. I've been wearing one or another model of their Data Bank series for over 20 years. From it I get time (H-M-S), date (D-M-Y), phone book, calendar, calculator, time zones, alarm, timer, and stopwatch, all on a battery that lasts well over a year and is user replaceable. I know that it's not perfect and downright primitive in some ways, but I also know that there are a lot of loyal Data Bank users who, like me, would...