or Connect

Posts by waybacmac

Don't know if this is of any help but I looked into my Library folder at /Preferences/Audio and found two sets of .plist files: one pair apparently renamed and the other pair created today just at the time I upgraded. com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist~origcom.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plistcom.apple.audio.SystemSettings.plist~orig Maybe you or someone smarter than either of us can figure out if your problem involves these...
How about a Kickstarter project to raise money to pay the sculptor to change the head from Stave Jobs to that of Steve Ballmer and send it to Microsoft?  
I guess I'm just paranoid. As I started to create my Disney account I saw that I had to agree to let my private information go to unnamed third parties who have agreed to protect my information in accordance with "their own policies". How can I trust the policies of third parties when I don't know who they are? All this means, of course, they effectively can sell or use my info any way they want, including targeted spam, spam, spam. Sadly, this is not an option; it is a...
In 50 years, people would walk by that thing and ask, "Who's that and what did he do wrong?"
 This is about a memorial to Steve Jobs. Memorials are supposed to look back. They're supposed to tell something about the person being remembered and why that person is being remembered. If that statue had a generic head on it and was destined for an art gallery, I'd say fine; it's not and I say it's inappropriate. And it is SOOOOOO butt ugly.
Cool! An action figure for the new Godzilla movie. 
 This not just a simple flaw in the iOS code.  Hogwash. While I'm no programmer, I can appreciate that an operating system like iOS involves millions of lines of code, managing a highly complex system of components. Given this complexity of the hardware and software, there is no way any smartphone system can be 100% bug-free, regardless of the quantity or quality of coders involved. Personally, I am happy any time a flaw is discovered before it can actually be put to use....
 You are correct; Apple was not the first with a fingerprint sensor, but Apple was the first to implement a sensor that worked very well. Samsung is using a fingerprint sensor technology that has been proven buggy, but they used it anyway on their very first top-end phone after the iPhone. That makes it copying. 
 Hmmm…wouldn't that be just nasty if someone was deliberately spreading credible but baseless rumors about future Apple products and features knowing that Samsung would rush something into production, thus causing Samsung to waste time, money, and resources not to mention damaging its fine, upstanding reputation for quality products? /s
OMG was never so appropriate.   I'm old fashioned. A bronze statue of a young Steve Jobs sitting cross-legged with a 128k Mac (like the iconic photo) is more to my liking. Or perhaps an aluminum statue of an older Steve Jobs sitting cross-legged with a 128k Mac, iPod, iPad, and iPhone.