or Connect

Posts by waybacmac

In case anyone has doubts, SN & TS are both right. The quotes below are taken from Wikipedia: "Microsoft released the first version of Excel for the Macintosh on September 30, 1985, and the first Windows version was 2.05 (to synchronize with the Macintosh version 2.2) in November 1987." "In 1985, Microsoft ported Word to Mac OS…The first version of Word for Windows was released in 1989." "Microsoft Office for Mac was introduced for Mac OS in 1989, before Office was...
Personally I'm just glad that Apple didn't introduce a 30th Anniversary iMac…   …though, on reflection, the 20th Anniversary Mac does kinda look like a precursor to today's iMacs.

Great, more fodder for the patent wars.  /S
 IMO, the remarks in this thread have nothing to do with being or not being "green". It's about hypocrisy…Greenpeace hypocrisy. Hypocrisy about chastising Apple's products for not using enough recyclable materials while manufacturers like HP, Samsung, Asus, etc. get a free pass. Hypocrisy about whining that Apple's data centers don't use enough "clean" energy, while data centers from Amazon, Microsoft, and Google get a free pass. I'm tired of it and not impressed by this...
I imagine that for most handset makers Android is still a good deal. All they have to do is give priority to using the #1 search engine, a handful of popular and very useful apps (maps, translate, YouTube, etc.), and a ready-made, well-stocked app store. No licensing fees. What's not to like (from their perspective)? Those handset makers that also make PCs probably find Google's terms a heck of a lot better than those for getting Windows from Microsoft.   And speaking of...
 Damn that automobile correction  
Uh, folks, while I appreciate your indignation at AI's article on the IDC report, I decided to read the actual IDC report (or more accurately Press Release) for myself. Seems to me the IDC report that the AI article links to is either a) the wrong IDC report, or b) doesn't say what AI says it does. For example, the IDC report's title is:   "Android and iOS Continue to Dominate the Worldwide Smartphone Market with Android Shipments Just Shy of 800 Million in 2013,...
 I always thought how great it would be to just slide my MacBook into an iMac-like monitor but then I realized this might not work out so well if Apple needed to change the MacBook's shape or connectors. I do not see a merging of MacOS and iOS; but as electronics become more and more powerful yet smaller, I can see a future iPhone-sized device with a more developed iOS capable of using larger input and display devices wirelessly. Think of future versions of today's...
 My sensible side says you're right. My whimsical side says iPhone and iPad Nano