or Connect

Posts by waybacmac

I like the ads. They are positive and tasteful. But what really makes them stand out is looking at the ads from the other guys - especially Microsoft's Surface and Samsung's. No reality there, just cheap actors pretending to be "typical" business people or families.
Wait! What? MS is going to put this on iOS in fall 2014!?! And both are going to use Bing…hmmm. Can't wait to ask each the same question and get different search results. 
Just looked for the thing on Amazon. Four ratings: 1 x 3⭐️, 1 x 2⭐️, 2 x 1⭐️, avg 1.8. Not good. First review was particularly disturbing. His Galileo bricked right after a firmware upgrade and Motrr has not answered any of the guy's emails for help. I like the concept but I wouldn't touch the thing until there are much, much better reviews.
Another mushroom cloud in SJ's thermonuclear war.
Can you imagine if this were Microsoft? They'd call it something like the Microsoft Windows Television Entertainment Experience Center for Home, Office, and Mobile. 
I can't wait to hear Google Android exec Eric Schmidt's confident statement that by the summer of 2012 2014, the majority of the televisions you see in stores will have Google Android TV embedded.
FWIW, no problems with my 4S and IOS7. I will admit that when I first installed it I thought my battery life was degraded, but then I found the settings for the background processes, turned a bunch off that I didn't need, and after a couple of days of use everything was back to normal. Nor does IOS7 make me dizzy or sick. I quite enjoy the new look.
Someone should take the old iMac ad ("She Comes in Colors") then have the iMacs morph into iPhone 5c's.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcBpXYI1r3Q
 The first time I tried this I got through but subsequent attempts all failed. In fact, on my last couple of tries I couldn't even get to the multitasking tray. I doubt that IOS7 can learn to "heal" itself...or can it? 😨
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but as I tried to update my apps, a couple of updates downloaded okay but the installation process seemed to get stuck and would't complete after many minutes. I finally had to force quit iTunes, then I deleted the misbehaving apps (notably Amazon Mobile, Flipboard, and How to Cook Everything) and redownload the app from the iTunes Store, which I assume were already updated. BTW at this point I am still on IOS6.1.3.