or Connect

Posts by noirdesir

It restored a recently deleted image (as thumbnail) but it didn't go far into the past for me.
The difference is that the five-finger gesture induced close animation tracks the speed with which you move your fingers. So, apart from you not moving your fingers as smoothly as the automatic gradient, the iPad has to track your fingers in real-time and convert that to an animation. Already if the tracking of your finger movement is not working at a high enough sampling frequency to produce a (visually) jitter-free control signal, things won't look as smooth. Sure, there...
It's not necessarily that pre-paid is the norm in those countries (unless you count no-subsidy post-paid contracts as 'pre-paid'), it is more about having very variable subsidies. If you can choose between contracts with a subsidy of $600, one with $500, one $400, one with $300, one with $200, and one with zero Dollar, where the monthly rate has a progression in the opposite direction, then there is no perceived subsidised price for a phone. The only price for a 5c that is...
It was properly mentioned in this video/presentation but the plan is to use biogas.
Of course, if you found the paragraph on Gazelle useful then there is no conflict of interest, adding it got them money and it made the article better.  But the key point here was that most people did not find it that useful, otherwise the question about any conflicts would not have been asked and discussed. 
Full disclosure is there to expose any potential conflicts of interest. 'Full disclosure' is an activity (or the result of that activity) and a 'conflict of interest' is a situation of conflicting motivations. There is nothing to confuse here. Conflict of interest means there are two conflicting interests (which I had shown an example of). Which is also the case in your example, the interest to gain affiliate fees vs. the interest to write bad about the iPad (except that...
The two conflicting interests of Appleinsider that are behind the term "Conflict of interest" are:1) The interest to write a decent article (or to write an article that makes people come back to Appleinsider).2) The interest to earn money by inserting somewhat off-topic or rather not relevant promotional text. Readers normally assume that all information in an article is reasonably relevant because they assume that it is in Appleinsider's interest to write articles that...
I think it is pretty clear that they consider iWork important for them, first by making fully-fledged iOS versions (with only some very few features missing) and then web-based versions. And doing both first is understandable, and keeping a stable feature set while as well. One can now hope that all three will evolve in lockstep. It is a widely accepted position that Google is ahead of Apple in relate cloud services. Apple just now is catching up to where Google is with...
I think this is not about what relationship Appleinsider has to the products it is promoting, it is about promoting a product within the text of an article that annoys people. It is like putting extra sentences into an article just in order to being able to mention the products it has affiliate links for.  It's annoying because you start reading the promotional text thinking it is part of the story and while reading it you start to wonder how this relates to the story and...
 I think the choices look a bit different if you compare them at their actual price:- 4s, 8 GB    -> $450- 5c, 16 GB  -> $549- 5c, 32 GB  -> $649- 5s, 16 GB  -> $649- 5s, 32 GB  -> $749- 5s, 64 GB  -> $849 Going from zero to $200 looks different than going from $450 to $650.