or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

Cool. If I could afford it, this gadget would tell me all the places I'm losing heat in my crappy house I wish I could sell.
This is a good thing. Every time I see something labeled as free, when I know better, it makes me irritated to think I've been fooled before and that vast economies exist explicitly via misdirection and outright lies. Just like all the misdirection on labeling at the grocery store. I hate it. I want things to state what they are. I don't want companies trying to fool me. I will shun a company for all time when I see overt misdirection in their marketing, especially when I...
When a government characterizes privacy as the enemy, that government has become the enemy of its people. The same goes for corporations (they want to know everything about you and have access to you everywhere at all times, but for different reasons; you're not a potential enemy, but a potential source of money). At this point, I'm probably on all the watch lists for daring to speak against capitalist greed and out of control government, in public. Luckily I'm poor and...
This is all so very encouraging. /s I'm about to pull the trigger on buying an iPad Air 2. The last time I almost bought an iPad was the iPad Air when iOS 7 came out. I played with it in an Apple Store for over 45 minutes and it was abysmal. App crashes on load. GUI problems (beyond the ugliness and foolishness of iOS 7's redesign). Hell, even the notes app was repeatedly crashing on trying to delete notes. I walked out disgusted that Apple had ruined the best mobile...
First sentence teases those Mac Pro owners wanting a retina display for their Macs. It's not a display. It's an integrated computer, with laptop-style parts that will likely suffer premature heat death on the GPU, after a few years of pro-level use of GPU and CPU, if recent history MacBooks are any example. Not interested.
Obvious auto-Obama-hate responses are obvious. Yes, the FCC is corrupt too, but I've been wanting to see Internet access considered a utility for years now.
The Mac worship doesn't bother me so much. The incessant Mac vs PC holy wars don't bother me much (i chose Apple myself). The incessant Apple vs Samsung playground name calling and manhood measuring doesn't even get up my nostrils TOO badly. It's the money worship and arrogant antipathy shown by the minority of loudmouthed bullies in the forum, drooling over share prices, stock options, tax evasion, and frothing at the mouth about how "stupid" any dissenting views must...
You're inexcusably, irrefutably obnoxious. The second someone challenges the libertarian party line, you proclaim "TROLL!" Grow up. I am not the only person bothered by this activity. It's called respecting my nation and expecting the participants of the economies to put back into it, rather than constantly taking out of it and hoarding the fair share that is supposed to go into the damned system for running a business in this country. "Taxes are terrible oh my oh my!!!!"...
What 401(k)? I lost that in my descent to poverty after my last employer screwed me and the housing market collapsed just after buying a house.
While all of you are talking about how best to spend Apple's money, I'm sitting here wondering if Apple will ever pay the taxes on all that money they refuse to repatriate and bring back to the US economy. I know the sales were made in Europe, but the company lives in the USA. Show some loyalty to your country of origin and put that damn money into the system. That's the problem with corporate America: no loyalty to the nation itself, just to shareholder value.