or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

By the way: "Cupertino only queries a vehicle's PCM to check whether it's in motion, a simply safety consideration adopted by decades ago when OEMs got serious about in-car audio/video integration." Is an awful sentence.
But that's exactly how advertising works. It's not what you need. It's what they want to push. The notion of showing "relevant" ads thus far has failed to materialize. When do I see relevant Adsense ads? After I've visited someone's site to look at a product or two. Then every Adsense ad on every website I visit shows an ad for the thing I already looked at, on my own volition, and already decided not to buy (yet or ever). How is that relevant? The rest of the ads are...
Understandable. If Jobs treated those close to him better than he treated those who were his ... workers..., or if his behavior had generally and genuinely improved beyond the behavior he's infamous for, the people who cared about him wouldn't want the bad versions of him to be continuously retread by the media, especially after losing him to death.
If they're a monopoly, no. Learn about what a monopoly is. Some businesses have to play by different rules once they become monopolies. One thing they cannot do is use their monopoly position to unfairly benefit themselves at the expense of other competing businesses.
Apple isn't a general retailer with a near monopoly on Internet shopping. That's why the term "monopoly abuse" comes into play here, but not for Apple.
$612,000,000 for warmongering passes the house, but watch out if someone proposes increased social services or universal healthcare...
This whole system is lousy. An entire economy can get pissed away by speculation. There's nothing behind it but opinion, often unfounded and manipulated.
The attitudes of certain people here are wholly unshocking. Anyway, the comparison of this app with news apps is excellent. If Apple steps in here, there's a slippery slope and I would wonder about their policies everywhere else that information is reported. Such as Apple's newly hyped News app...
"content that many users would find objectionable." That's pretty much the point. Poor US military needs PR protection by Apple.
What do you expect? It's a first world company and product.