or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

First sentence teases those Mac Pro owners wanting a retina display for their Macs. It's not a display. It's an integrated computer, with laptop-style parts that will likely suffer premature heat death on the GPU, after a few years of pro-level use of GPU and CPU, if recent history MacBooks are any example. Not interested.
Obvious auto-Obama-hate responses are obvious. Yes, the FCC is corrupt too, but I've been wanting to see Internet access considered a utility for years now.
The Mac worship doesn't bother me so much. The incessant Mac vs PC holy wars don't bother me much (i chose Apple myself). The incessant Apple vs Samsung playground name calling and manhood measuring doesn't even get up my nostrils TOO badly. It's the money worship and arrogant antipathy shown by the minority of loudmouthed bullies in the forum, drooling over share prices, stock options, tax evasion, and frothing at the mouth about how "stupid" any dissenting views must...
You're inexcusably, irrefutably obnoxious. The second someone challenges the libertarian party line, you proclaim "TROLL!" Grow up. I am not the only person bothered by this activity. It's called respecting my nation and expecting the participants of the economies to put back into it, rather than constantly taking out of it and hoarding the fair share that is supposed to go into the damned system for running a business in this country. "Taxes are terrible oh my oh my!!!!"...
What 401(k)? I lost that in my descent to poverty after my last employer screwed me and the housing market collapsed just after buying a house.
While all of you are talking about how best to spend Apple's money, I'm sitting here wondering if Apple will ever pay the taxes on all that money they refuse to repatriate and bring back to the US economy. I know the sales were made in Europe, but the company lives in the USA. Show some loyalty to your country of origin and put that damn money into the system. That's the problem with corporate America: no loyalty to the nation itself, just to shareholder value.
Apparently the patent office never heard of the Nintendo Wii Wiimote... And I assume all the other similar devices and patents that duplicate each other. Just like software patents. This patent thing has eclipsed ridiculousness. It's gotta stop.
You mean the band lied. I don't find that charming or friendly. Screw business if it means outright lying. Reznor doesn't tend to lie, or even talk too much. If you've been following his work over the decades, you'd know he isn't one to have "diarrhea of the mouth". He didn't even give any actual info here. The only time I can think of that he talked before something was ready was with the Year Zero tv series that was planned with HBO. he admitted he was too excited to...
The best thing Cook expressed, IMO, is learning how other minorities feel. This is called empathy. That's the most important feature of the human race. Whenever I see people bashing anyone else for being "emo", my first impression of the basher is that they're antipathetic. It often seems to me that the most vocal people on the Internet are celebrating their antipathy and intolerance of each other. It's good to see when the tide has shifted on particular topics. I think...
Statements of pride seem useless and illogical unless you appreciate the level of constant shame, hate, and stigma applied to minority groups in the USA. This is why such groups proclaim pride. Sure, they were born the way they are and can't take credit for it, but that's not the kind of pride they're expressing. They're announcing "I refuse to be ashamed of who I am because some of you are bigots!"