or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

Somehow I expect that if they would sever the agreement on their end, if they thought it was in their best interests, the guy would have no say in the matter, nor legal compensation if he fought them on it. The claim of honoring agreements, from a big corporate entity (regardless of failing or thriving), sounds horribly disingenuous to me.
I'm so sick of useless fads (like hash tags, which people add to things not using them, and then advertising uses for "cool" factor). Amusing when some fads fail to be the magic money makers that companies expect them to be (like the music service).
Still not going to use it. iOS 7 still has an abysmal GUI and visual design. The reports of marginally improved app launch speed on iPhone 4 isn't enough of an improvement. I'm still on iOS 6, happy with it, and I'm still holding off buying an iPad until I see where Apple is going with iOS 8. Apple actually lost a customer here, since I was there at the store to buy an iPad Air, and didn't because i hated the OS.
It's still slower than iOS 6. It still has the bad GUI design. It's still ugly and hard to look at. I'm STILL not downgrading.
But they'll continue to gouge consumers on upgrade prices and full licenses. I'm still on Vista because of their pricing.
I don't hold ill will to the guy, but I kinda hoped that it might be a sign that he's been taken away from having any GUI design leadership...
Perfect Windows kind of thing to have. Yet another hip technology add-on, probably by abstraction layer, ignoring the native GUI (for that added pile of inconsistency you get from non-native apps), in an environment of vb/java scripting, workarounds, monolithic data structures, abstraction layers, competing APIs, services, plugins, and infinitely unpredictable interaction with other systems. Reeks of desperation, but it's definitely Windows. Actually, my description above...
Planned obsolescence and systemic obsolescence are pretty much the same thing in the electronics world. There are pros and cons to making things not be backwards compatible, but it's definitely an environmental negative.
I know a guy that buys gadgets as they come out, always superseding one with the next, who ends up with piles of gadgets hanging around his living space. I'm not remotely like that. I have no disposable income, so the only things that are disposable to me are tissues and toilet paper. I use things till they're unusable, recycle every material I can separate, and even take my electronics to electronics recyclers.
Yay. Another anticompetitive corporate buyout. These are always beneficial to consumers and never at all harmful to them. /s