or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

"Too thin" includes the letter shape width, not just the stroke's thickness (thinness).
The guy telling you to stop driving probably has perfect vision... Or at least perfectly comfortable correction in use.
Still too thin. Icons still ugly. Etc.
I've never heard "horning in" either. Native English speaker in the mid-northeast USA.
It's amazing. Years later and people still have no valid criticism of the pre-iOS 7 design other than "old".
Surveillance != freedom. It's like "freedom" doesn't even have a real meaning any more. It's just a marketing term, like "innovate".
There's a huge difference between a thing you can see and a thing you cannot see. Few people are aware of the difference between retina and non-retina until they use retina for weeks and have to go back to non-retina. The same is likely not true with a TV watcher going between 5K and 8K... unless the screen size is obscene. More importantly, the content isn't out there, has no medium for distribution, and consumes vast amounts of storage and bandwidth. And that's just...
I just started driving a $20K Mazda with eyes-free controls on the steering wheel, and voice control (still need to learn to try to use that). It also has a screen which is positioned high on the dash (where a glance doesn't remove peripheral vision from the roadway), and has a right-hand physical control to navigate that screen, just in front of the gear shifter, not requiring eyes to use.It's getting less expensive to have these features. The car I'm driving would've...
If your eyes have to move such that your peripheral vision leaves the roadway, that's a distraction. Of course, police can't tell where someone's eyes are unless they're leaving their lane in distraction. So the laws should be carefully written to specify devices by USE, not by what features they may or may not have. Touch screens are utter bollocks for car environments. Screens set low on dashboards are similarly foolish. Watches are fine to glance at while driving...
How are they rivals if known for different things? And when will rivals be blocked from wholly buying each other? Consolidation of market participants is always a bad thing for everyone but the buyer's share prices.