or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

What are you talking about? Straw man much? Do you even know what liberal means?
Another subscription service I'll say no to.
Facebook is an advertising marketer, like Google.
These are meaningless stats when most upgrades aren't educated choices. I'm one of the few who knew what I was getting and said no way. iOS 7 is horrific. The OS is the computer. I chose iPhone because the GUI was superb. Now that's been undone with iOS 7. I've therefore stopped upgrading and have chosen not to buy an iPad. We'll see what iOS 8 brings, but I've little hope it will reverse course on this GUI destruction process and I'm afraid of what Apple will do to Mac...
Somehow I expect that if they would sever the agreement on their end, if they thought it was in their best interests, the guy would have no say in the matter, nor legal compensation if he fought them on it. The claim of honoring agreements, from a big corporate entity (regardless of failing or thriving), sounds horribly disingenuous to me.
I'm so sick of useless fads (like hash tags, which people add to things not using them, and then advertising uses for "cool" factor). Amusing when some fads fail to be the magic money makers that companies expect them to be (like the music service).
Still not going to use it. iOS 7 still has an abysmal GUI and visual design. The reports of marginally improved app launch speed on iPhone 4 isn't enough of an improvement. I'm still on iOS 6, happy with it, and I'm still holding off buying an iPad until I see where Apple is going with iOS 8. Apple actually lost a customer here, since I was there at the store to buy an iPad Air, and didn't because i hated the OS.
It's still slower than iOS 6. It still has the bad GUI design. It's still ugly and hard to look at. I'm STILL not downgrading.
But they'll continue to gouge consumers on upgrade prices and full licenses. I'm still on Vista because of their pricing.
I don't hold ill will to the guy, but I kinda hoped that it might be a sign that he's been taken away from having any GUI design leadership...