or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

While i appreciate the elimination of the useless textures, there's only one thing i really want changed in calendar: multiple dots for scheduled items in the month view, instead of one dot for any number of items (as well as NOT marking a dot if you choose not to mark the time as busy). This should be kind of a no-brainer, Apple. As for the GUI... it's really gone too far in the opposite direction all over the whole OS. They need to reel it back again and make it look...
  Well, then they shouldn't be an evil thieving pirate! (that's what these kinds of copy "protection" schemes are telling us paying customers; we're guilty regardless of being proven innocent by paying for a license - this industry has it so wrong and our corporate government is totally owned)
  i am in a similar position. i'm trying to expand my photography to be financially supporting and i cannot afford subscriptions, nor do i upgrade every version (because it's never worth the money). Every few versions, or when technology forces me to, yeah, ok. If i had a retina Mac, then i'd have to have a retina version of Photoshop, Bridge and Illustrator. That's a no-brainer connection. But that's all they've done lately that matters to me and it was really Apple's...
  Yeah, i'm in the USA and i notice it myself. It must be really offensive to people outside the USA. But then, Apple Insider has so many typos on a regular basis that i'm pretty sure professionalism isn't part of the mission statement.
i wish Siri would help me find a safe, painless and reliable form of suicide, instead of telling me to "get help" when there's nothing anyone will do to help me actually solve the problems that i have. Drugs do not work (they make things far far far worse, hence the black box warnings...). What keeps me alive is knowing that there's no 100% reliable, painless and safe method that i could have access to. Suicide failure would definitely worsen my life situation and i hate...
Unless your phone is an iPhone 4, where they decided Siri wouldn't exist.
I'm in full agreement. The only other one, aside from the date, that would have been useful at all is the weather icon (showing the temperature and weather status), yet they didn't do that.Why don't they work on adding some user customization to the keyboard dictionary or enhance the keyboard behavior or, better yet, fix the weird behaviors inherent in text editing (if I touch at the end of a line, the insertion point should not wrap around to the left side of the screen...
Frankly, it seems cluttered, vague, and hard to look at/read. Too much brightness/white space, not enough object distinction, too flat, fonts are too thin, and it's going to CRAWL on an iPhone 4. I can't afford a new phone just to update the OS. This is how they do their planned obsolescence. Free OS updates encourage people to slow down their devices so they feel inclined toward buying an upgraded device. I'm not looking forward to this at all. There wasn't a single...
It's too bright, fonts are too thin. This might be a difficult design for people with marginal acuity issues (as in, not worth using visual assistance features).
"...the new iOS 7 appears to ready to bundle useful app functionality..."