or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

I would be happy to see a trade-up program offered. I'll never sell on ebay again after how they encouraged one of my buyers to abuse me. I would like to upgrade, since I'm starting to feel the iOS bloat on my iPhone 4. It's been a great phone, but successive iOS releases are always slower and I can almost be certain they do zero optimization. They want to sell phones and the bloat helps them do just that. It's one of the most basic features of the computer industry that...
Yeah, that's the magic of wealthy people in CEO positions. You get fired by being given a pay off you could live the rest of your life on and some other company hires you as if you didn't do anything wrong at all where you were fired. Eternal employment opportunities in corporate America, until you decide you have enough money to die filthy rich, and you "retire" to a life of continuing to use the world and society as your plaything, trying to buy a ticket into heaven by...
What was their original clarity? Copying and buying competitors and throwing money at it until their 300lb gorilla was built and could threaten and coerce the rest of the industry? What a vision.Every empire has its time. Apple had two. Maybe Microsoft will survive long enough to become a regular company, instead of the domineering bastard it's always been. But I don't think they (or most any other company in the computer industry) has yet comprehended the fact that this...
Go to the music making forums around the web and you'll see the reception isn't all that great. It's more like "at least it was updated." The new version didn't really address some core functionality that long time users wanted to see, some of which is functional (not just wishful).
So clearly there's a continual problem with making portable computer GPUs. My MacBook Pro 3,1 is now mostly useless because of the all too common NVIDIA failure. The machine works and i can operate it through screen sharing, but that's useless for doing anything that requires fast UI response and screen updates. So, basically, i can't do graphics, music, video, text editing... i basically have only used it as a glorified juke box since this happened. It has put a major...
This is even worse than the obsession with British royalty.
He was focused and wasn't a tech geek wanting to make stuff for fellow tech geeks. When it wasn't an improvement for the average person, he didn't glorify it as an improvement. He didn't let cheapness or tech geekery rule him or his company. He resisted such modes of thinking. At the same time, he was domineering and obsessively controlling, while having a silver tongue and charisma to ensure that any disagreement with him had to go a long way to change what his preference...
It's natural to make such a conclusion, whether it is ultimately correct or not. Apple works better when focused. A board of directors not well controlled by a single force and mission (NOT the "maximize share value mission") is unlikely to be as successful. They default back to maintenance of share values (and obsession with infinitely increasing them, which is unsustainable).I hope he's wrong. I hope Apple keeps up the right thinking and forces the computer industry to...
So you're saying that all is fair when you have obscene wealth as a result?
This story was posted on the wrong website. It has nothing to do with Apple. It has nothing to do with Apple competition. It has nothing to do with computing or portable personal devices. That rant over, here's another: the concept is one I've been hoping to see developed since at least 2005 when I became vegetarian. I know that most of humanity despises the idea of veganism and is hostile to vegetarians. I know that the animal product industries are horrific and...