or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

Yay, more corporate takeovers and mergers. We are still on schedule to have an entire three companies running the entire world by 2026.
1. You can only sell so much of one thing before you saturate your market. This is why so many manufacturers now include obsolescence in their designs. 2. I wonder how many potential sales were lost by people who tested an iPad with iOS 7 and found it to be anything but beautiful and reliable. This is why I don't have an iPad yet. I had money set aside. I walked into an Apple Store with intent to purchase. I used an iPad Air for 45 minutes. I loved the hardware and hated...
It's not regulations and government that makes me want to see Apple go private. It's wanting to disconnect Apple from shareholder control and influence by of the speculation nightmare of Wall Street.
I hope this works as a display and graphics tablet for use with a Mac. I've wanted a Wacom Cintique for ages, but the cost vs resolution ratio was always poor. If my graphics tablet were also an iPad I could carry around the house with me... Oooo... :-)
Ah yes, now the computer industry will start teaching TV consumers all the lessons that computer industry consumers have been forced to learn. Such as: "buy a new one every three years", and "the features they advertised to you that got you to buy in the first place might not be there in a month, six months, or a year (or might never have worked in the first place)". And because American consumers are complacent and the culture is fully libertarian-bullied, everyone will...
Police state dislikes civilian privacy. What else is new?
Spot on. Perfect succinct response to blind worship of capitalism. I won't be so succinct:Monopolies are not just recently destroying the nation. They've crippled the very growth and development of the nation. For example: The USA has garbage for mass transit because of the automotive industry monopolies. They were found guilty of killing rail services and were fined ... about $10,000 or something ludicrously microscopic. Instead of a well developed rail infrastructure,...
This isn't about smart phones. It's about how stupid humans can be over any topic at all. Also, this isn't how friends behave, drunk or not.
What's uncertain about it? He is filthy rich. With money comes the ability to sponsor projects and get producer credits. No brainer.
Why not commit to using 100% post-consumer fibers? Because Apple wants pretty and perfect material appearances. Or rather, prince Ive demands it. "Post-consumer material only" would be a bigger move, IMO. It would show that resource conservation is more important than luxurious packaging. Packaging is such a waste of materials in the first place. It's used once, in most cases. Few people hold on to packaging for future shipping (I do, and I have entire closets and...