or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

No they wouldn't. It has happened before. It takes a lot to get them to be accountable. If the defect doesn't show itself until customer service contracts are concluded, they have no motivation to respond to it... unless it's a big PR problem.Most big corporations will ignore a large percentage of defects and customers so long as it doesn't hurt their public image. With computer tech, unless the defects get regularly mentioned in magazines and high profile web reviews,...
Same here. My MacBook Pro 3,1 died early last year from the nvidia GPU defect. The machine was fine otherwise. I cannot afford to buy replacements for defective hardware that should last much longer than this. Apple has no replacement parts any more for that model, so I couldn't repair it if I had the money to. I'm very worried about running my last MacBook Pro hot (5,5) fearing a similar problem will strike. These GPU defects are repeatedly screwing consumers of all...
I have Apple's Human Interface Guidelines book from the 90s (?), and it really seems like Apple has lost the path entirely with iOS 7. Mac OS X screwed up for a while in its first few major versions, too, but eventually fell into place again. If the next revision is going to get that flat UI BS of iOS 7, they're going to again ignore their own very well researched and written professional guidelines.
I personally find no desire to use scroll bars any more ever on anything like a Mac or iOS device, and still very rarely on a PC with a scroll wheel mouse. The last time I used scroll bars was on my companion's cheapo Dell laptop. Her machine's track pad sucks, has no gesture support, and is extremely non-ergonomic overall.
No modification to the older plugin GUIs for retina support?
I'm unemployed, on disability, on welfare assistance, am atheist, own a house, am Technically in poverty status, hated beer all my life (only started to begin to enjoy some fancy beers in the last year), drive my own car that I bought new in 1997, while working a professional IT job, hate tech geek attitudes and most of the computer industry, hate firearms and gun nuts (and their religious brethren), am politically left but hate democrats and libertarians almost as much as...
They're really still planking on calling the thing the "freedom tower"? After the terrorists succeeded in their goal of killing our freedoms, as our wonderful "leaders" used the attacks as justification to really start in on killing off civil liberties, and make air travel a nightmare of PR lies, abuse, incompetency, and idiocy? Lets expunge the rest of free speech, make protesting outright illegal, and then build a "monument to democracy" at the supreme count (a statue...
People keep thinking they have choices, rights, and privacy, but that's not what the "free" in "free market" means. The "freedom" is in how much free reign corporations have to screw consumers and influence law.
Once again, why software as a capitalist venture in perpetual growth is doomed to fail. It's a very slow failure and it punishes the customers before it punishes the developer, but it does eventually punish the developer. Then they find new ways of forcing consumers to keep spending money every year by going to subscriptions.These companies presented product that was at one time useful. Consumers bought into it and used it. The software was successful enough to become...
We have a winner here!Yes, the over engineering of Acrobat defeats its intended purpose. Adobe itself is killing it by compulsively needing to sell the same crap to the same people every year. This is one of the built in self destruct mechanisms of software as product in corporate America. Many products get to a robust and reliable state, only to be ruined by the corporate overseers demanding it continues to grow market share and sell more each year. This is a perfect...