or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

Posting "news" stories about patents for impractical designs with geeky possibilities, filed just to cover Apple's remotely possible future lawsuits against others, is about as speculative as the patent filings themselves. None of the actual product we see today as "game changers" was preceded by a patent filing giving away the future of Apple product.
Not in the public interest.
Another Flash security hole. What a shock. Why is this crap even possible anymore? What happened to sandboxing?
Yeah the guy has it all wrong. Availability of devices has nothing to do with it any more than availability of thresholds cause people to need to count to 50 before crossing one.The likely causes of OCD are varied: trauma, constant stress, a feeling of lack of control over life, etc. A person may be predisposed to it, too (not that everyone who is predisposed will become OCD, just that some are susceptible when others aren't).Maybe this guy that's terrified of tech devices...
The great thinkers are always going to be present. They're predisposed against the kind of trivia you're worried about causing their extinction.As for complaining about people not being able to live without an electronic device in their hands... My iPhone is an assistive technology device. Before it, I used a Tapwave Zodiac, before that, a Palm Pilot Professional. Before that, I had difficulty scheduling myself and remembering timed events. Paper notes didn't do crap (I...
DEAD ON TARGET!Wall Street can bite my shiny metal ass. The smartest thing any public company could do is to go private and snub Wall Street. Wall Street is what destroyed the global economy. In the old days, speculators were frowned upon. Because people had sense.But greed, and the capitalist obsession with the utterly impossible fantasy of perpetual growth/perpetual profit increases, will keep us trapped in a dangerously unstable anti-economy driven by insanity and...
The iOS 7 update is still wasting 3+ GB on my iPhone 4...
So you're mocking people by their socioeconomic status then? Do you think you have zero presence in the game because you're not poor or disgustingly wealthy? So you mock all sides to feel superior to a fight you don't comprehend?You're a libertarian? Pro-capitalist propaganda, hoping to ride the coattails of the successful, and devoid of empathy wherever it doesn't serve you personally?That's republican anarchism. Or republican-lite. Same as democrat corporate cronyism,...
It's called green washing. The power companies are green washing their offerings to market to people that give a damn. They're not really making clean energy or focusing on renewables. They're buying "credits" from an entity that does. It's a huge whitewash campaign.
They must be destroyed??? Nice environmental concern there.