or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

The USPTO originally rejected software patents. They were forced to accept them by political pressure and lobbying from the computer industry. Don't blame a department for being ruined by the overlying political games of those in power above them.
I suspect that both companies realized that a lot of self-incriminating evidence would come out, detailing their abuse of not only each other's property but also the legal system and patent law itself... which might encourage a more popular movement toward truly reforming it... and of course much money would be consumed and business secrets revealed fighting each other in the open legal system, and have decided to find a way to collude. This way they can keep all the facts...
No, such people want the patent system to make sense and do what it originally was established to do, not be a game playing tool for the super rich corporations to hold over the heads of new businesses and be a barrier to entry for new entities and products. Such people also want the system to protect the inventor, not create money making schemes for trolls and other non-inventing entities that happened to accumulate ownership of a pile of patents they don't use for...
Only one of many reasons subscription will NEVER be a choice I make.
"... to protect user data protection..." ???
Smart TVs suck. I've had my first personal experience with the suckiness last night. My parents went against my advise and bought one. The guy at Double-Click (an Apple retailer) told them the Apple TV is for computer experts. WTF?? The guy advised a smart tv would be best. I assume he is yet another techno weenie. They bought a Samsung smart tv. A day or two later, they called me for help. They couldn't figure it out. First problem was that RCN requires them to rent...
They're delivering sponsored content and favoring popular stuff. It has nothing to do with chronology or "news feeds". Just like they utterly violated the word "friend", they've utterly defeated the term "news feed". Shock. Awe. They're an advertising seller and we are their product. They don't care what the users want or think and feel. They only care what works best for ad impressions.Just like Google and its growing ever more irrelevant search results.
I deleted the app months ago after putting up with the slowness and crashing in all prior 9 versions and updates. Screw it. Garbage goes in the garbage can. Won't try again. The mobile website is just as crappy/useable as the app. Why bother with the app?
No they wouldn't. It has happened before. It takes a lot to get them to be accountable. If the defect doesn't show itself until customer service contracts are concluded, they have no motivation to respond to it... unless it's a big PR problem.Most big corporations will ignore a large percentage of defects and customers so long as it doesn't hurt their public image. With computer tech, unless the defects get regularly mentioned in magazines and high profile web reviews,...
Same here. My MacBook Pro 3,1 died early last year from the nvidia GPU defect. The machine was fine otherwise. I cannot afford to buy replacements for defective hardware that should last much longer than this. Apple has no replacement parts any more for that model, so I couldn't repair it if I had the money to. I'm very worried about running my last MacBook Pro hot (5,5) fearing a similar problem will strike. These GPU defects are repeatedly screwing consumers of all...