or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

Don't worry, it'll be another middle aged white man (or maybe even woman!), with plenty of wealth.
Yes, in agreement with those saying it has to do with affluence, and that education and affluence go together (because of affluence providing opportunity); not intelligence and iPhones. I'm a bit of a fringe case in this, as I am dirt poor in poverty but keep a house and a few nice things that I acquired while I had some money (never affluence). The car is about to be dragged away as outside my ability to maintain, and my iPhone is an old model (iPhone 4). But I do...
At what point has the USA NOT been at war in the last thirty years?? Proclaiming special war powers leads to needing constant war, and sure enough, that's what we have.You are exactly what the fear mongers dream of. You blindly abandon due process and justify it with "war time". You justify and blindly follow the very same things that are killing your so-called freedom.The patriot act is unconstitutional garbage to justify government overreach and enable new forms of...
Charging so much is how they craft the image of the perceived benefits of their so called labor. Perception is managed by cost in many markets but you don't always get better value for more expense. Especially now that quality is an undesirable thing to capitalists, standing in the way of maximizing their profits. Most of the legal work is probably done by the law office paralegals (who don't get paid crap) and the plaintiffs (who have to provide all the source documents...
Eight cores?? Also, what's a "hall effect sensor", what's an "RGB sensor", and why is that listed twice at different places in the same sentence?
The patent system is totally screwed. Utterly broken. There's so much prior art that this shouldn't have even been considered. Same for most other patents presented in media as having been awarded to companies in the last ten years.
I love when people call others on being "entitled" because they're asking for rational compensation for time given to an employer. It sounds so... entitled.
If it's a mandatory condition of employment, and it takes time, it sure as hell is integral to the job and should be compensated! WTF??
American rank capitalism is beyond unethical. It's grossly disgusting and highly offensive to anyone with any sense of ethics, justice, and rationality. I hope these "bonuses" are denied with extreme amounts of prejudice against the executives requesting them.
Of course this has merit. That's why lawyers took the case. It's an easy payout in a settlement. Lawyers will make their many many bucks, the plaintiffs will get a few bucks back for the cost of their devices, other iOS 8 users may get a $5 Apple gift card, and those of us sitting on iOS 6 devices with 4 gigabytes of space stolen by unwanted iOS 7 upgrade installers will get nothing (whatever became of that lawsuit anyway?). Business as usual.