or Connect

Posts by dysamoria

Bigfoot joke aside, THIS is the definition of reasonable. But when belief is involved, it doesn't matter how much factual data you give people, those who want to believe in BS will continue to.
Yeah, that was going to be my comment. Anyone who writes that seriously, doesn't comprehend the meaning of the words in use. I would certainly hope the article author was being sarcastic.
It would've been nice if this article would have specified in the headline "Flickr APP"!! Their website used to be fantastic and then they went and changed it into a borderless, infinite scrolling, disaster. Then again, why should I care? After the political BS I suffered there a few years back, at the hands of their Napoleon complex employees and one crazy user, I have zero desire to use the site for much of anything ever again. If you're doing random family snapshots,...
And this is exactly it. The user isn't to blame in most of these cases we see in the media, yet, in true capitalist pass-the-buck fashion, the consumers are given the responsibility for maintaining INHUMAN password demands.Even if your data is entirely inaccessible to you because you've secured it against yourself and social engineering, it still is stolen. So why are WE letting them put the responsibility on US? I'll tell you why: the tech world THRIVES on blaming the...
Yeah, big surprise, right?1. I'm living on disability. I have almost no money at all. I gave my first (original) iPhone to my equally poor friend so she could have a decent phone and she loves it. Another close friend has her own business and just barely scrapes by, but she helped me buy my current iPhone 4 and she uses Apple product extensively.4. Premium for "nice things"? Try again. We buy the stuff that works more often, more reliably, with greater ease (I was a tech...
Me. Look at how freaking flawed software is, and how vulnerable it is. What's the point? Do I want one central point of failure to lose all my passwords or get them all stolen? They've already admitted to a security breach in the past, and look how secure our entire Internet is, with years-long vulnerabilities and unknown exploitation.
Nope. Still not going to pay a subscription to use software. To anyone. Ever.
Microsoft is well known for its "embrace and extend" method of capturing, changing, and then ruining open standards so that they're Microsoft-only "standards". Not invented here syndrome is more Apple than Microsoft (have you seen the mice? Granted, changing iOS to look like android and windows metro was really a crazy reversal of this).Yes, it would be nice to see only one standard here, but it's always a throw of the dice to see how all the players let it shake out over...
His exorbitant expectations (they are) are probably still part of his PTSD of doing Alien3 for Fox... ;-D
You're welcome to your tech fad delusions.