or Connect

Posts by AandcMedia

No it's not its Apple originally strategy with the Mac. The margins were extremely low but they gained market share extremely fast. Then went to high margin product later in life. Sounds kind of what Amazon might be up to expanding into every market at bottom bin prices and spreading its roots.  P/E is not a good factor for something thing like this. Amazon revenue is great and some of its divisions do immensely well. It loses on the areas its going to strangle with...
This needs to be redacted or corrected. Wall street was happy that they had higher revenue then expected even though it was still down from last year (which net net is still not making them happy). They are also not happy about the smaller gross margin (even though Tim Cook advised why it was smaller as a deferred revenue for tax saving). They are also unhappy about Tim Cook's comment about iPad mini supply may not be able to meet holiday demand.    They paid no...
Honestly these are Microsoft's two most talented teams. If anyone at Microsoft was to develop this, this would be the team to do it. Say what you will about Microsoft but they have a lot of great talent. 
I think a lot of you forget that these machines are mostly bought by businesses. A lot of businesses will just approve the requests from whom ever orders their equipment without blinking about the cost of the 2TB SSD. For instance I know a few colleagues who have gotten approval for retina mac book's even though the normal ones will do just as well for what they do.
Apple has this weird fetish with making things as thin and compact as they possibly can.    They eventually learned their lesson with the iPod series, ie people were buying shuffles to work out with and when they made it super tiny it was no long convenient. The nano's became a bit larger than the shuffle with just a touch screen and learned people wanted something smaller than an iPod touch but not super tiny.   When will they learn the desktops don't need to be...
Kinda upset that both the 21.5's only offer 512mb of video ram. Should be at least 1gb...
Uhh, mobile GPU, hard drives switched to standard 5200rpm (indicates probably a 2.5in drive), We don't know the RAM type yet. Really the CPU and having a display is the biggest difference. 
I don't like the road apple is heading towards. Making everything as thin, compact, and trying to be as controlling as possible. Those seem like great qualities but the point of an iMac is to be a desktop. I don't need it to be remarkably thin and compact. I'm buying a desktop and want a desktop GPU, I want to be able to add RAM. DVD's/CD's are becoming obsolete but not yet.     Secondly why does this not have capability of 802.11ac? You push the DVD technology out...
More likely that apple wanted a powerful but efficient chip and nVidia offered it at an extremely competitive rate. Plus it seemed nVidia finally was able to mass produce their 28nm keplers (I know there was manufacturing issues going on there).
Microsoft is actually doing something right...they seem to almost every android maker paying them for patent use (probably Microsoft + Nokia bundle). Also probably cross license with apple for next to nothing on both sides. Apple $30 per phone is steep but they were offering 20% discount with cross licensing and I'm guessing if sammy decided to charge $10 for theirs or something like that apple would of worked well. Meaning sammy would pay less that $20 per...