or Connect

Posts by bizzle

It's my personal belief that Android developers did take inspiration from Growl. This is based on various sources indicating developers using OSX platforms to code, the popularity of Growl, and the fact that it has been open source in the public domain for nearly a decade now.   I don't know where Growl's origins stem from and I didn't trace notification centers further back in time because I was merely trying to figure out this seemingly chicken < > egg...
I've actually tried to trace the lineage of the notification shade and so far what I've been able to surmise is that apple got it from jail breakers...who got it from android...whose developers at Google, while coding on their macbooks, were surely using growl at the time. and growl is open source.   and that's as far back as I went but it's a very interesting brain pool and talent that led to the ubiquitous notification shade we all use today     that said, I don't think...
I was going to remark that APPL had "crashed" a few hours ago but you two were so embroiled in debate I thought the moment would have been lost.
hehehe, truly :) it should be called sell against the iphone launch or brace yourselves against the door before the customer mass exodus (<-- kind of hinted at with the packages being available in the "Grab n Go!" hahahaha, poor tmo I love them so but it sounds kinda desperate like they know they're going to have mass exodus)
I see. They're selling against the other carriers' iPhone 5 launches by promo'ing their less expensive data rates and value plans (lower plan rates without an option for subsidized phones--that's what I've been on for a few years now).   I used to be on their value+ plan which was unsubsidized and without contract. But the value plan is the unsubsidized part with a 2 year contract. I just moved to the value plan because I wanted to use a supported plan with full data...
no, if you bring an unlocked iphone into tmobile they will sell you a micro-sim for it. end of story.   there's no conspiracy and they have no iphone 4, no iphone 4s, or iphone 5 to sell to anyone. they are just now officially supporting iphones on their network and getting ready to offer 3g instead of edge only data rates on their network.   not everyone is going to get an iphone 5 from att. some customers are going to be out of contract and now they can substantially...
but the article does not say that! :) the article says that when the iphone 5 comes out sell against it by offering customers sims that will enable their unlocked 4 and 4s phones to work on the tmobile network   are you at work and can't read the article or are you going by the headline "sell against" or am I typing things unclearly it seems like my posts are being wildly misconstrued this morning     @gwmac the iPhone 5 is rumored to support AWS
mcrs,   iPhone has had this functionality since 2007. The patent wasn't filed recently nor have the features been on the sidelines waiting to be implemented. Go look this term up, please, "continuation application"   In terms of those ROMs, those guys are cooking senseUI roms for the community. They didn't invent the features in the ROM. Anything that is HTC's is certainly patented. And anything not patented by HTC is patented by someone else and licensed to HTC. There...
My MacBook is in right now for service. The only complaint I have is I'm without it for several days :( Fortunately I've been hiding in the broom closet with my gf's Air :)   But would you mind telling me how you qualified for a new battery? I was recently told it's a wear item and not covered under my Apple Care.
sssshhhh....maybe if we talk quietly they'll go back under their bridges. It's been a really rough week for them :D