or Connect

Posts by bizzle

No problem. I just double checked my roommates and he bought his about two weeks ago. It looks exactly the same as mine so there's not been a silent update to the sticker.   I just recently sold my early 2011 i7 but I can't remember if that sticker mentioned TurboBoost. It might have because at the time I *think* the i5's didn't have TurboBoost or at least non-Apple i5's did not. When I bought this MBP I googled around to make sure it had it because I didn't want to...
I suggest you re-read the thread because you apparently have me confused with someone else as I never said any such thing.   This is the first comment I made in the thread:   As far as I can tell that's me simply stating what I use at home. I didn't even make a comment about this device. Your response that I should have to prove that it's a solution for everyone is your own straw man argument. I never claimed it was or should be. It's also hypocritical since this matrox...
I took a picture from my box (the most current MBP purchased a few months ago) for comparison:  
I was referring to jragosta because he was trying to argue with nearly every single person posting in the thread about our opinions. Earlier I pointed out that his criticism doesn't even hold any water since his argument against my opinion was that my solution didn't work for everyone while supporting this device that does not work for everyone. When someone's just arguing to argue I feel like that's trolling. I quoted you because you were responding to him so I was...
  I suppose the main reason for not including 3 usb ports is that 3 x usb 3.0 would be too much bandwidth at 15GB whereas the Thunderbolt port is rated at 10GB. Since the specs state it's HDMI one might suspect the box will include an adapter at no extra cost.   I read elsewhere that the DVI port appears to be dual link, which is actually much more expensive than single and may account for the relatively high price tag.   Please don't feed that troll. He's already...
It's difficult to give any validity to his statement about it not being perfect for everybody given that this dock doesn't have firewire yet he's challenging everyone's opinion as to why we don't feel it's worth purchasing.   It also doesn't have two display ports or the capability to daisy chain thunderbolt devices making it functionally no different than the MDP cable I use (in regards to video).   So at best it's a hypocritical point and at worst it's simply trolling.
This is the one my roommate and I bought: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=5106&seq=1&format=2    We got ours from Ebay for half the price (and free shipping) but monoprice is somewhere people might be more comfortable purchasing from.
I have the apple bluetooth keyboard and magic trackpad along with a $3 cable connecting my thunderbolt port to an external monitor.
They're going to be OLED mats that you roll up and tuck under your arm and double as yoga mats.
I think if Apple wants to be a global powerhouse the devices need to focus on energy efficiency. I suspect they know this better than I do. Thus, in so far as we'll see refreshes for certain products  (MBP, Mac Pro, and iTV for starters) the focus will be on their minimal power consumption albeit with substantial computational power.   This is something that European manufacturers have been refining for over a decade in other industries (Tunze powerheads and reef...