or Connect

Posts by bizzle

Movies for the adults and games for the kids. That alone puts them in the living room next to or instead of the next console.   Possibly first gen, more likely 2nd, what if those retina screens use all their pixels to display 3d?
After having spent the past two days struggling with this it seems that using the App Store or even the Lion Installer app work without much issue but that Internet Recovery leaves a bit to be desired.
I've been trying to finish the download all night from recovery and so far it's been one of the most frustrating experiences ever. I've had to restart it around twenty times. The log says it's preventing sleep but after a couple hours it keeps receiving power notifications and shutting down the network interface. Then it starts back up from the beginning?! Now I'm clicking on the trackpad every thirty minutes to an hour to make sure it doesn't stop and I'm running out of...
The source that indicated to you the reasoning for the judge overruling the jury was factually incorrect:   Last week, Oracle filed an extensive brief (.pdf) arguing that Google’s use of the eight decompiled files — source code in seven “Impl.java” files and the one “ACL” file — could not be considered “de minimis,” or insignificant. Oracle also noted that Google did not dispute that the files were copied. “When compared on a file-to-file basis (per the Court’s...
  The source that indicated to you the reasoning for the judge overruling the jury was factually incorrect:   Last week, Oracle filed an extensive brief (.pdf) arguing that Google’s use of the eight decompiled files — source code in seven “Impl.java” files and the one “ACL” file — could not be considered “de minimis,” or insignificant. Oracle also noted that Google did not dispute that the files were copied. “When compared on a file-to-file basis (per the Court’s jury...
I have no idea where you are obtaining your information but I suggest you be more skeptical of the source in the future because it is giving you factually incorrect information. The judge over-ruled the jury because the infringement was blatant.   Here is an article on the ruling if you don't want to take my word for it:   Judge William Alsup ruled that evidence presented during the trial had shown that Google infringed on Oracle’s copyrights by decompiling eight Java...
Yes, I'm aware of the foreman's position. I'm also aware that the judge had to previously overrule the jury's conclusion (when it erroneously ruled in favor of google) during the infringement phase because, as he stated, "no reasonable jury could have reached that conclusion [that google had not infringed upon oracle]". The jury's position that you are reading there is only in regards to the patent phase. Try to read the patents...I say try because even with my...
My claim is the same as that made within the article you linked. Did you read it from beginning to end?   I'll highlight the relevant parts and try to explain them to you more fully (this is from the article you linked):   The availability of ICS source code is especially significant because it marks the first time that Google’s tablet code has been opened to public scrutiny. Google previously withheld the source code of Honeycomb, the company’s tablet-centric version of...
Only the GPL'd portions of Honeycomb were made available.   As I wrote, I work very closely with other members of the team to get android on the Samsung Captivate so I'm aware of what is and is not included in the source drops. If you require further evidence for what I'm saying you can either take Google's own statements on the subject or download the source and look through it yourself.   Android is open-source, but it's licensed under apache instead of the GPL. The...
Apologies for posting off topic but I've been searching for the forum for the past few hours and I can't find a comparison or recommendation for OSX analyst software.   Would someone please either PM or post recommendations and/or links to relevant discussions?