or Connect

Posts by PatchyThePirate

Brilliant! This is exactly how to deal with viral trolling, use the publicity to shed positive light on the issue and hilight one of Apple's many strengths, build quality. This is a new Apple we're seeing and I love it. Major kudos to Tim for making this happen. I hope we see more of this kind of FUD control.
That's one thing that seems endemic in google's leadership, a bizarre lack of empathy; that and a delusional sense of grandiosity.
This book is just another petty attempt to promote google propaganda that no one really cares about. It will be read begrudgingly by a few journalists and bought by the google true believers. It looks to be the same old schmidt that schmidt has been peddling for years, where he reframes a discussion he had with a dead guy (who can't defend himself) in order to play the unwitting, incredulous victim of mean 'ol Apple. He has no class whatsoever (or shame, which might...
I don't see how anything would be better than the Apple TV to control home kit: 1) As DA said, you need a somewhat sophisticated device to act as an intermediary to communicate with less sophisticated devices in the home. 2) Its physical and symbolic place at the center of the home is significant. 3) You need an intelligent central hub to manage inputs from multiple users: User: Hey Siri, start the iFumigation and stop it 2 hours before I return from work. Siri: I'm...
This is great news, brilliant on Apple's part, and will likely show results before the Apple Watch is released next year. This will not only pave the way for widespread use, but also possibly allow for health insurance subsidization of relevant apple products (already, the iPad outperforms previous systems, which cost $6k, for facilitating communication for autistic patients). In the medical field there is a constant push for "Evidence Based Medicine." This is good for...
 Yeah, I can't imagine a scenario where Apple can directly engage in an effective way, but Apple can pull the rug out from under them by addressing the main complaints, which Apple can do simply by explaining in TV and print ads what they are all about, kind of like the first video shown at the recent Apple event, but more straightforward, more matter of fact, and less fluffy (I liked the idea of that video, but it seemed a little unnessesarily over dramatic in the...
I really wish Apple would do more to combat the army of online trolls (primarily contracted by samsung) that trash Apple with the most ridiculous bullshit over and over. I was following different trending topics on facebook on sept 9, and the comment sections were full of tired anti-apple troll-speak. The same, unoriginal stuff repeated over and over, including a bunch of "I love sammy" and "samsung's the real innovator" comments. It's really obnoxious, and it plays into...
I'm in my early 30's and have probably worn a watch for a total of 6 months in my entire life, but I can't wait to get the Apple watch, and I'm definitely not waiting for version 2. I exercise regularly enough, so I don't much care about the fitness component, but there are so many other things I can't wait to start doing with it. The functionality is amazing for a first gen product, with many features I'd actually use almost every day (subtle notifications, Apple TV...
 I finally got to see it on hulu last night and it was great. It definitely seems like Tim is a better negotiator than a conversationalist. He wasn't very engaged in some of the banter, but really switched on every time he was prodded by charlie rose. He didn't even flinch when the possibility of a camera was brought up, or when asked something to the effect of whether Apple is destined for failure without Steve Jobs. It was really refreshing for him to say that he is well...
 I think if Apple was going to do that they would've done it this year, and not kept the 5s. If I had to guess, I'd say they're going to drop the 5s and the 5c next year, and separate the iPhones into two categories, unapologetic polycarbonate and metal, each in two different sizes. Using US subsidized pricing as a starting off point: they could have the 4.7" iPhone 6s and the 5/5" iPhone 6s Plus at the usual $199 and $299, maintaining a high value and aspirational appeal,...