or Connect

Posts by PatchyThePirate

That's good to know. I hope I'm in the minority in my dislike of the recent ad. Funny thing is that both of the ads promote Apple products (or soon to be released Apple products). 
The silhouette ads were original, iconic, and inherently cool. From my perspective this latest ad seems like they're trying to be cool for cool's sake, like they're trying to play catch up on cool, which is silly to me, because apples products are inherently cool by themselves. Apple *shouldn't * be trying to convince us the products are cool (that's already understood), they should focus on how the products coolness enhances the user's life. The other recent apple ads...
I hope I'm off base here, but I really did not like this ad at all. It's a fine ad, but doesn't come close to the quality that Apple should be putting out. It tries to be cool and cute, but it fails because there is no substance behind it. The black decals are cute, but who really uses them? I've never seen one out in the "wild." I have an awesome gelaskin, and the minimalistic design of the MBA lends itself perfectly to show it off. But the black decals seem like a miss. ...
 I don't feel like sifting through a bunch of old posts, rehashing old arguments, or getting into prolonged discussions about this, so my reply to you is going to be limited. As for omitting information, you seemed to do a good job of that in saying that android was not meant to be competitive against Apple (when it clearly was, as stated by google employees), and then trying to blame Steve Jobs who "made it an issue" while ignoring/omitting: 1) the context that google was...
 If you take what gg is saying at face value, then you are making valid points, all of which I would agree with. However, gg has demonstrated a pattern of spinning information and omitting relevant information in order to make his points. Between his sometimes innocuous, and sometimes informative posts (which I have learned from; thanks for those gg), gg has clearly shown a preference for his agenda (to bolster google) over getting to the truth, which qualifies him as a...
As an aside, it's amazing that MSFT is up 3.8% today despite just being stabbed in the spleen by Apple, and announcing layoffs, etc; I wonder if people were paid to manipulate the stock, or whether wall street just has too much money tied up in microsoft to let it tank. Meanwhile AAPL is down 0.5%.   It's amazing how well Apple does as a company despite having to fight corruption from entrenched incumbents, a hostile media (often paid off by competitors, e.g. bloomberg),...
 I'm not sure why you're so against IBM and this deal. None of the arguments you have made so far have made sense to me, which makes me suspicious of some ulterior motive/bias, but maybe there's something I'm missing. IBM's large business sales force suggests they continue to have significant relevance in enterprise. Everyone needs a phone, not just for a "handful of activities," so I'm not sure why you think there are limited use cases for Apple hardware. Also, with...
It seems these rumors have served a good purpose, likely stalling upgrades from people looking for a larger phone (samsung's latest quarter didn't go too well for them, despite their obnoxious ad blitz, pobrecitos). Maybe the 5.5 was never intended to be released this year, which is why there's no rush to sort out the manufacturing issues. Most people looking for a phablet will likely settle for the 4.7; for those who must have the 5.5, what's a few more months?
 That's certainly plausible. There are a number of scenarios that would work out in google's favor by having a mole on Apple's board. Judging by google's antagonistic, petty, and hyper-competitivie stance towards Apple post-mole, it seems clear that google's intent was to subvert Apple's position in the tech market, likely motivated by a delusional sense of entitlement for having come up with a search algorithm, which they capitalized on with hardly any sense of integrity....
 I never said he was a good mole.