or Connect

Posts by PatchyThePirate

I hope Apple is ready to do battle (PR is the only part of Apple I don't have full faith in). Apple will more than likely have the most comprehensive, and importantly, secure, payment system when it's revealed, but there are a lot of companies, and the people who depend on those companies, that are going to go after them with misinformation/FUD: facebook, google, samsung, paypal, square.. to name a few.
I'm a regular Facebook user, but I echo everyone's frustration. There are very simple things they could do to make the experience better, but they chose not to, for example security/privacy (their shit job of managing this is a serious safety concern, I've had random people checking out my family members, not cool at all). It seems to me that zuckerbergs "vision" is more important to him than user experience. I'm guessing that's where the creepy vibe comes from. Just like...
That's what I thought too, at first. But what if it's not for warning about too much, but too little sunlight? Sunlight is essential for proper vitamin D3 synthesis, which in turn plays a vital role in various ways for physical and mental health. Lack of sunlight exposure is not an uncommon "1st world" problem.
Fair enough. I'm on here pretty often, but I don't catch everything that's said. That said, you do post here a lot, and after reading your posts it's hard for me to believe your obvious bias for google does not significantly influence your judgment."Troll" is a pretty loaded word, so I guess it depends on your definition. I'm using the broad definition of someone with a specific agenda beyond the scope of any specific topic, who uses spin or other means (lies, antagonism,...
While that may be true, sometimes, he is still a troll, with a specific goal, which involves defending anything google does, regardless of truth. In addition, his sheepish "woe is me, golly gee guys, I'm just trying to set the record straight is all" tact is tiresome.
Another great read; thanks DED. It's nice to have the timeline and circumstances of the patent wars set down in such a concise fashion. As to why the media gets it wrong, I'm sure it is directly related to samsung's $14B marketing budget.
One of the things that I love about Apple as a company is its consistent integrity and transparency. As campaign finance/corruption is likely the most destructive political force in the US, it would be great if Apple took the lead in improving transparency and awareness by producing a detailed report of their lobbying efforts and spending, a la the supplier responsibility report they always post at the beginning of the year. That said, the most frustrating thing about...
Cool video.. Interesting to, uh, watch [staying OT here ] It's amazing how much stuff he shoves into that blender! Strangely stingy with the coconut oil though. I've always hated beets, but might give the beet greens a try, read somewhere that they have just as many nutrients, but without the dreaded carbs (and taste).
Judge Cote consistently shows bias against Apple. This is getting so blatant and obvious. It's not her role to determine market factors and protect companies(Pandora), because other companies have different business models (Apple). And who is she to decide what is "fair"? Is it fair for artists to be compensated so little, I would think not. About iTunes Radio, unfortunately it's not that good. I really like the interface and how easy it is to purchase songs from iTunes,...
Not at all! A little circumstantiality can be interesting. I too am really hoping for an integrated heart rate monitor on Apple's wearable, as well as an O2 sat. I'm always curious how low it gets when I'm exercising; I assume there's probably an ideal range to be in for exercise. Also it'd be great for sleep analysis. FYI, ever since you mentioned the kale smoothies a while back I've been integrating them into my (almost) daily routine, and they're great! However, I do...