or Connect

Posts by PatchyThePirate

This is so great. Apple spends a ton of money setting these things up, money that lesser companies would rather spend on silly ads. I wish Apple would do this more in the US, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like the symbolism and aesthetics would be appreciated enough to make it worth it. I remember the curtain image for one of the newer NY stores a couple years back, but I can't think of any more recent examples in the US. I hope Apple does something similar for the...
Man mstone, you're a trooper! GG is just going to keep throwing up straw man arguments until you give up.  It's not all that complicated. Don't make a 6" phone. 5.5" is already pushing it. Even if you have a 6" phone, the list compiled by flallenjt pretty much sums it up. Sensor on the back is a bad idea. On top of that, as you said, the aesthetic and functional coherence with other products is an important factor as well.
 Fandroids are still trying to get used to this whole opposable thumbs thing.* ;) *Just in case anyone is offended, I want to be clear that I'm being facetious.
 Good points, and good to know. I can't wait for Apple to get into the pharmacy, loan, mortgage, credit card, and cellular/wireless industries. ;)
I'm glad to hear that. There are so many great commenters here; that's why I appreciate AI so much, and also why it's annoying when threads get derailed.
 Strange, because the comment isn't there anymore, and I'm not in the habit of making up fake quotes from people. I certainly didn't copy this quote out of the ether: "there's plenty of people here without a brain." Not that it's a big deal, no need to apologize; I wasn't offended, and I doubt anyone else was either, it's just a flippant comment. If anything it probably livens things up a bit. But, in the context of the rest of your posts, it's part of a pattern, a pattern...
I agree. No matter how amazing good curation can be, there's always going to be a hit or miss element. I suspect a big reason for Spotify's success is the ability to make and share your playlist with others. Although I'm hopeful that Beats EDM curation won't still be bad after it's formally re-released, I'm most looking forward to being able to create and share my own stuff. FWIW, the best way I've found to explore music on iTunes has been to look at the "other people...
 You're being a bit dodgy here, although this isn't unexpected. Whether or not Apple was proven to be hypocritical, or whether SJ was wrong, was not part of my argument. I'm not arguing any of the any of the points discussed, just calling into question your intentions. Your obfuscation about this is a bit disingenuous at best. Ok, so you didn't insult any one person, but you insulted several at the same time with your brains comment. And again, so, you didn't intend to...
I'm pretty sure SN's statement does apply to dasanman69, at least indirectly. If not getting joy from believing Apple to be hypocritical, dasanman69 seems to at least be enjoying how people are defending Steve's statement. (Tell me I'm wrong dasanman69). He denies being a troll, but he's always prodding the hornet's nest. Just because his prodding is subtle does not mean it's not there. Not only that, he gloats about being superior* (in his mind) as he instigates other...
I’m not sure if anyone else noticed, but Apple used to tout being leaders in “hardware, software, and services.” In Tim’s more recent interviews/statements, “services” has been left out. I hope this means that Apple is planning some big improvements in Maps and Siri soon.   Here’s my Apple Maps compliment sandwich, with lots of ingredients (i.e. complaints):   Interface: I love the interface, can’t think of any ways I would change it. It’s simple, clean, presents...