or Connect

Posts by PatchyThePirate

The stainless steel with white band ships in a (roughly) square box. I can attest to this personally.
Nobody is mentioning the potential IP value. NAVTEQ started doing something similar to Fly Over but at the street level quite a while ago, and I'd imagine that the data and technology would be quite valuable. It seems like the Apple vans are equipped to take advantage of exactly this technology, so maybe Apple is already licensing the tech.
 That makes a lot of sense. One thing she is certainly in charge of is customer experience in the stores and online, and that has been fantastic IMO. I thought more significant changes were needed, but the current sales process and display fits very neatly within the Apple's typical experience and isn't lacking at all as far as I can tell. I think the way the Apple Watch is being sold shows significant restraint and clarity. I also like the idea of boutique Apple stores...
 Can't wait to see how Matthew McConaughey's reacts to this video.
Does anyone else find it funny that Apple ][  just so happened to turn from his usual 'survival of the fittest' 'to the victor goes the spoils' stance to one of an egalitarian hippie on 4/20/2015? Coincidence?   C'mon Apple ][, the fact that every single troll is saying the same thing should be a big clue that you might be off on this one.
 Just because you say something doesn't make it so. But it does seem like we're moving past it now, so I'm glad for that.  1) I don't believe they have either, but many people have, including people in a position of significant power, such as the President of the US (this is a comment on his title, not D vs R). If there has been a documented rise in surface temperature, it does stand to reason that this is the likely cause of the increased intensity.* So why did the IPCC...
 I'm "incredibly condescending"? (I ask incredulously.) Did you not read my response describing (ad nauseam) how being condescending was not my intention, and pointing out that I was speaking in general, not specifically to you? I even apologized for the misunderstanding, even though it really wasn't necessary (because it was a misunderstanding). Yet you continue to hold on to this, and continued to post in a condescending tone, then accuse me of being "incredibly...
You're not being condescending? Are you sure about that? 1) I don't see anything bombastic at all about what I said. Care to elaborate? I simply quoted the IPCC, which found that "it is premature to conclude that human activities -- and particularly green house gas emissions that cause global warming -- have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane activity." Thus, hurricane sandy cannot be said to have been impacted by "global warming." It's pretty...
Again with the unnecessary condescension. Why is it you even feel the need to write a post like that? Pretty pathetic. 
 This is a relatively minor point, but a HUGE peeve of mine in these type of discussions. Lots of people will pass off any claim in support of the overall global warming theory as 100% factual without any sense of irony whatsoever that a claim like this is inherently unscientific. If you read the studies, the papers are usually appropriately hesitant to make forceful claims, but somehow these studies are then interpreted as incontrovertible evidence. And if you actually...