or Connect

Posts by PatchyThePirate

Thank god. Apple Maps is fucking terrible. I'm sick of it. There's a haircut place one block away that doesn't show up when I type in "haircut" (I want to get the number to get an appointment). I typed in "hair" to get at it that way, and Apple Maps too me to Cairo, Egypt. I wish I was making this up/trolling. I love the interface and UI, but there are so many things that are so simple, that Apple Maps is so terrible at. I just searched "haircut" on Yelp and it found my...
..except that we actually get to catch the dragon! Love me some DED.
 Good point! It doesn't seem Apple has yet given the peer-to-peer wifi capability the attention it deserves. I'm scheduled to give a lecture in the coming months, and I'm looking forward to bringing in my Apple TV to enlighten my colleagues to the wonderful simplicity and ease of use that Apple provides :) (with no Mcafee update warnings or shoddy wifi networks to be concerned about). Better yet, if Apple Watch comes out in time!
I don't agree that Apple is letting the iPad languish or that it the deceleration in sales is a sign of waning interest. I think it shows the opposite, rather just how quickly it became a huge success, combined with the fact that the upgrade cycle is probably even longer than the PC market. (I have an iPad 3 and it still works terrifically well). I also think there was a pent up demand for Touch ID on the iPad. A larger screen will be huge, especially if combined with some...
I think the shift to pro/enterprise performance is going to be pretty huge. Tim keeps mentioning that when he first agreed to work at Apple, how impressed he was that Steve was focused on the consumer, when everyone else was focused on enterprise. Well, Apple has been dominating the consumer market for a while now, and everyone is predictably trying to copy them in that area. I think Apple has a huge opportunity in the enterprise, and that the IBM announcement was the tip...
Loved that video.. Please keep the Apple Campus 2 updates coming!
C'mon AI. Allowing pazuzu to continue his inane posts does nothing but demean this website and everyone on it. I appreciate that you're trying to be objective and open minded, but this philosophy shouldn't apply to douchebag posters. edit: typos
So great to see a quick response from Apple, before some jackass(es) find a way to turn it into FUD.
 Thank you for the reply. I'm sure moderating is a frustrating thing. It seems to me that when a poster is consistently negative and consistently strings out arguments regarding points that were ridiculous to begin with, that they could be identified fairly easily as a troll and justifiably banned as their actions deliberately take away from the any conversation. A lot of times they just drop some ridiculous or inflammatory statement at the beginning of a thread and wait...
 Interesting analysis. I think we've all been spoiled by the immense success of the iPhone, and to some extent the iPad. There's likely nothing that Apple could ever produce in the future that would even approximate that success. There will invariably be a lot of ecosystem enhancements that won't bring in as much revenue, but will greatly enhance the Apple experience (e.g. Car Play, Apple Watch, Apple TV). However, I think your analysis is a bit too pessimistic: 1) I think...