or Connect

Posts by PatchyThePirate

Loved that video.. Please keep the Apple Campus 2 updates coming!
C'mon AI. Allowing pazuzu to continue his inane posts does nothing but demean this website and everyone on it. I appreciate that you're trying to be objective and open minded, but this philosophy shouldn't apply to douchebag posters. edit: typos
So great to see a quick response from Apple, before some jackass(es) find a way to turn it into FUD.
 Thank you for the reply. I'm sure moderating is a frustrating thing. It seems to me that when a poster is consistently negative and consistently strings out arguments regarding points that were ridiculous to begin with, that they could be identified fairly easily as a troll and justifiably banned as their actions deliberately take away from the any conversation. A lot of times they just drop some ridiculous or inflammatory statement at the beginning of a thread and wait...
 Interesting analysis. I think we've all been spoiled by the immense success of the iPhone, and to some extent the iPad. There's likely nothing that Apple could ever produce in the future that would even approximate that success. There will invariably be a lot of ecosystem enhancements that won't bring in as much revenue, but will greatly enhance the Apple experience (e.g. Car Play, Apple Watch, Apple TV). However, I think your analysis is a bit too pessimistic: 1) I think...
 I'm unclear about your position on the Apple Watch. Please post more about your opinion regarding this unreleased product. Thank you.
 They know exactly what they are talking about. They deliberately try to come up with ways to get under people's skin. They don't have conversations because they never intend to have an actual conversation. They just spin negativity towards Apple and derail threads, such as this one. They have been doing this for so long. It is so obvious and blatant. Can you please tell me why these trolls are not banned? Why are they allowed to rack up their post count with bullshit, so...
1) Thank you for your reply and your perspective. It's much appreciated. 2) I hope you're right, and I'm wrong, about this being a minor issue (of course it's not anything catastrophic as Apple has earned strong loyalty from its customers and continues to sell at amazingly high volumes). 3) Everything you said makes complete sense.. if the audience is at least reasonably aware of technology. Why I think issues like this deserve more action from Apple is 1) the principle...
In my opinion Apple really needs some new blood. This hands off, 'we're a marginalized underdog' approach is no longer working, and has not been working for a while now; and this ethos seems too firmly engrained. The 'above it all' approach just begins to look like (to 99.9% of the population) a tacit endorsement of whatever FUD is popular at the moment. It takes an event of astronomically bullshit proportions to get Apple PR to even budge. Peoples' attention and memory...
Brilliant! This is exactly how to deal with viral trolling, use the publicity to shed positive light on the issue and hilight one of Apple's many strengths, build quality. This is a new Apple we're seeing and I love it. Major kudos to Tim for making this happen. I hope we see more of this kind of FUD control.