or Connect

Posts by mieswall

Judging for the amount of upgrades expected by AI for AppleTV, that mythical device should take us directly to the moon at the touch of a button. Or maybe Apple is thinking of that only in Alaska, Washington, Oregon and Colorado.
I guess quality metal/sapphire crystal watches for under $500 don't exist. Not to talk of the smart, beautiful device this one is. The good thing of this is that the ASP of Watch will surely be well over $600. So, use that money to buy some calls now, and you will be able to get it for free by April, May at most.
To be honest, this "Hi quality formats are worthless" discussion is absurd. With that same criteria, the rubbish sold by android vendors would be also "good enough" compared with IOS. That violates the basic principle of why we love and invest in AAPL. IMHO, Apple should buy Meridian (English high-end audio company). They have just disclosed a new compression and recording  format (MQA) that not only allows to stream high quality audio in a less than CD-size format, but...
@knowitall  My equipment isn't that expensive: the DAC/amp is about $300, close to the cheapest you can get. And the headphones cost about $100, $300, and $900 (which, btw, is not that much for somebody that really, really loves music). The differences among those three cans are simply enormous, and bear in mind that the three of them are considered very, very good in their respective price categories. Use one or another, and it is a different space or singer what you...
Pogue must really be deaf not to hear the difference of a good external DAC/amplifier instead of direct audio output of the iphone or mac. Night and day like. I agree that the difference with higher quality sampling rates is subtle, but to say that mp3 files actually sound better than lossless files is just incredible. Try a good chamber music and listen, for example, to plucked strings resounding in the auditorium; try Talk Talk's 'Spirit of Eden' highly dynamic range...
Now there you go againYou say you want your freedomWell who am I to keep you downIt's only right that you should play it the way that you feel itBut listen carefully to the sound of your lonelinessLike a heartbeat, drives you madIn the stillness of rememberingWhat you had, and what you lostwhat you had, and what you lost
In 2012 this filling was mentioning a secure device, released as touchid over a year later. Payment design is probably much more detailed by now at Apple's labs. Imho, this will turn out to be the biggest thing for Apple in the coming years. This is why they are piling so much cash.
What about an iphone6 with two lenses, one at the current position, the second at the opposite glass border (that is even wider than human eyes) ? Then an holographic iTV to show this content...?
Tried this minutes ago: opened wit iWork for iCloud a spreadsheet stored in iCloud, shared it with a friend, save it, and now Numbers, in my brand new iMac, refuses to start, even with locally stored spreadsheets.
at amazon or best buy, a 32 Gb tablet: Kindle: $480 (but 8.9"); surface2, $480 (but 1920 res); galaxy tab 10.1, 2014 edition: $600; ipad air: $600. So why, even considering price, is Samsung getting better scores? If for the money of decent dinner you are willing to sacrifice the quality of the device you will be using for at least 3 years... well, you deserve it, dummy.