or Connect

Posts by mieswall

I predict McDonald will loose marketshare by 2019 against all other fast-food brands in the world: all of the chinese, burritos, chicken, tacos, thai, street food carts, etc, combined, will sure open more points of sale than McDonald. Then, why MCD, with their one trick pony Big Mac has a P/E of 21.4? It should be valued like AAPL: 12.1... 45% lower. Oh, wait... MCD has a net cash of -15% of its market cap, while AAPL 25%... something is wrong here, IDC...
he even looks like Lazaridis...
No, it's not the only one, there are a few others. But, yes, that's the root of the problem. People criticizing Apple for minimizing taxes are talking from their wishes and not from reason. Or would anybody (with almost everyone thinking taxes are high), gladly pay taxes not that one costly time, but twice?
Nice numbers, but something doesn't match: Let's say you are right with those 5.2B. Foxconn accounts for assembly costs for Apple. On iphones, these are said to be about 5%. So 5.2B/0.05=104B in iphone value produced by foxcoon per year. Cost of iphones for Apple is about $200: 104,000,000,000 / 200= Does it Foxconn made 520 million iphones last year?   We need more precise figures to conclude the impact of yuan. Anyway, I agree with you that the impact for Apple...
"curation"... the 3B dollar word, already a bit worn, I think.
How much did you spend when buying cd's? One cd every three months?I guess this service is for people that love music, and respect the artists.
I agree. I like most of DED articles, but is it neccesary to read the whole story of mankind at each editorial?
AppleTV as the home hub (this will be the big news of WWDC, imho). Then a proprietary system with a sub-hub for their devices. Makes sense this branched architecture. The second (third, fourth..) hub acts as the interface between HomeKit and the things they make. So, they need to certify just the hub, not a lot of other stuff. These thingies can be 'light' in this scheme, with all the protocol complexity managed by that sub-hub.
Why that obsession with margins? I guess margins are also in proportion with the overall price of the goods to be sold. A car would cost orders of magnitude more than anything Apple sells right now (except the gold watch), so a margin lower than the 2X% of macs would be acceptable. That would be the 18% that Porsche is achieving right now. My guess is that Apple could better that significantly.
next Samsung ad: our phones are also bullet-proof!