or Connect

Posts by mieswall

there is a typo in the lower left icon: it lacks an i.
it is unbelievable that Apple was willing to pay Samsung a whole 33 cents per device for this, just for using a chip that had already licensed this IP... (2.8% of the chip price, for this tiny part of it, 0.0000375% of a protocol that in turn is 1/100th of the chip functionality) The only reason that Apple use it is because it is an agreed standard. It would take Apple engineers no more than a day to develop an alternative encoding method is they wanted to. This is...
The issue is so clear (read previous article about this), that if any cash was involved, it was at IFC people, not to your "leader". The alternative is that IFC guys are simply morons. With the logic of Samsung and IFC, trying to collect money for a second time from IP already sold to the chip maker that Apple is using; why stop charging only Apple? They could cash a third time, now from the carriers selling and using the phone in their networks; and a fourth, from you...
Incredibly good article. The best ever here, imo. Many thanks.
"Why can't Apple just mimic the strategy of Amazon and keep the price as same as Amazon? I believe people will come to Apple even if it same as Amazon price." because the purpose of Apple is not to loose money, but to win it, doing fair business. Amazon and Google doesn't mind to loose money, because they are taking a previous step: building a monopoly in e-commerce and advertising. With the aid of US government. In some few years, with amazon and google having the...
What a piece of shit.
Apple finally taking care of stockholders.
Huberty uses to make good analysis. This seems not to be the case. If you count every sale from third parties through Amazon, as revenues by Amazon, and then compare that with revenues of others, you obtain a misleading number. Amazon could be retailing the products of the whole world, but profiting an infinitesimal part of that revenue, which is what matters, at the end of the day. In the same way, in case of Apple, 500m accounts * 329= 165billion. So she is counting...
An advice please: I want to setup a LAN of some 10 to 15 iMacs sharing 10 Gb files (CAD) located in an Mac mini server. Can't find a way to connect them via fiber optics (it seems Apple doesn't have this available). - How do you setup a fast LAN of macs, ideally with fiber optics? - Would a 802.11ac wireless LAN be fast enough for this?
Brand Value: $195/sh cash on hand: $155/sh buildings, inventories, IP, future cashflows: 0  (You know, business has stopped already). Total: $350. David Trainer's estimated Apple share value: $240. Trainer's advice: "priceless". Sorry: give him back $110 for each share you have. You know, ROIC is shrinking...   One more thing: I understand brand value is reflected in the balance sheets as: "goodwill". Apple goodwill, as in balance sheet, is about 0.1% of...