or Connect

Posts by BrianCPA

That makes sense. I just figured that someone with an older phone is probably at or nearing the end of their contract anyways... and, as a result, their phone probably wouldn't fetch much of a trade-in value from T-Mobile. I was ready to jump ship to T-Mobile when I saw this promotion until I saw that a trade-in was required. Guess I'll stick with Verizon.
 I thought this was the case too but, according to T-Mobile's website, you have to trade in a phone. Kind of eliminates any value of the offer considering you have to take a loss on your phone... even if you plan on, for example, switching from a Verizon 5s to a T-Mobile 5s. "We'll pay the other guy's $350 for your ETF as long as you give us a $650 phone, we'll give you $300, and then you have to pay $600 for the same phone you just traded in."
We recently switched to Verizon and got a 5s and 5c. If I were to take advantage of this offer, would I need to sell my iPhone and buy ones that work on T-Mobile? Or will our new Verizon phones work on T-Mobile?   Also, I read this on one website but not sure if I'm understanding it correctly: If I were to leave Verizon and pay the ETF, would our phones be considered "unlocked" or would that require an additional step as AT&T has traditionally required?
The Supreme Court typically hears about 1% of all cases that are petitioned. I highly doubt they will even bother with this one. I dropped cable a year ago in favor of Netflix, AppleTV, and a $10 antenna and never looked back. I hope the television market makes a huge shift towards users being able to purchase just want they want to watch AND for programs - including sporting events - to be broadcasted over the internet without ridiculous restrictions and blackout...
    How does AT&T know which location I'm in in order to send me a tornado warning? Is this based on the address information AT&T has on file or actual location services on my phone?   I would tend to think that the latter - using location services - would be the case, thus implying that this is a two-way communication, not just a one-way communication between the EAS and myself as others have suggested.

For the longest time, I didn't even know what the thing did 
  I think its great for customers too. Thanks to both the AppleTV and Airplay, I severed ties with my cable company. Can't beat that.
  http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Income-from-Abroad-is-Taxable "... you must report income from all sources within and outside of the U.S." That's the one thing I am sure of... the rest is still kind of hazy for me   I think the issue that arises is when companies - such as Apple in this case - set up foreign subsidiaries. Those subsidiaries earn foreign income and, unless that income is repatriated into the U.S. via dividends/distributions, it's never taxed in the U.S. I...
That's not correct. The U.S. (like most countries) tax on WORLDWIDE income. You better believe that sales in Germany, per se, are reported and taxed on the US tax return. After you calculate tax on worldwide income, you take a credit for taxes you paid to other countries already, and what you have left goes to Uncle Sammie.