or Connect

Posts by BrianCPA

The Supreme Court typically hears about 1% of all cases that are petitioned. I highly doubt they will even bother with this one. I dropped cable a year ago in favor of Netflix, AppleTV, and a $10 antenna and never looked back. I hope the television market makes a huge shift towards users being able to purchase just want they want to watch AND for programs - including sporting events - to be broadcasted over the internet without ridiculous restrictions and blackout...
    How does AT&T know which location I'm in in order to send me a tornado warning? Is this based on the address information AT&T has on file or actual location services on my phone?   I would tend to think that the latter - using location services - would be the case, thus implying that this is a two-way communication, not just a one-way communication between the EAS and myself as others have suggested.

For the longest time, I didn't even know what the thing did 
  I think its great for customers too. Thanks to both the AppleTV and Airplay, I severed ties with my cable company. Can't beat that.
  http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Income-from-Abroad-is-Taxable "... you must report income from all sources within and outside of the U.S." That's the one thing I am sure of... the rest is still kind of hazy for me   I think the issue that arises is when companies - such as Apple in this case - set up foreign subsidiaries. Those subsidiaries earn foreign income and, unless that income is repatriated into the U.S. via dividends/distributions, it's never taxed in the U.S. I...
That's not correct. The U.S. (like most countries) tax on WORLDWIDE income. You better believe that sales in Germany, per se, are reported and taxed on the US tax return. After you calculate tax on worldwide income, you take a credit for taxes you paid to other countries already, and what you have left goes to Uncle Sammie.
  Yup, patch a bad policy over a bad policy over another bad policy and what do you get? Our government and legal system.   If what you say is true that "policy got us into this mess", then you can either: (a) fix it with policy or (2) get rid of the policies altogether. Do you want to put new shingles over a rotting roof?
  Couldn't have said it any better.   We reward (aka "subscribe to") all these companies that we despise and then whine when we don't get our way. I hate cable companies too... so I bought a $10 antenna and AirPlay things I can’t get with my antenna. That way, I don’t have to cry to my senators about those bully cable companies. I've got nothing to complain about when my cable bill is $0 a month.
  Relax.   The CEO did say the terms were too high a couple years ago. What's worse though? Making a large investment in a lower-margin phone or losing nearly $60m in net income over last year?