or Connect

Posts by Mac Air

Marvin,   Thank you, everything is making sense.    Just for clarity on the last item about working on a word doc for example between a PC and Mac.  Lets say I saved my "working" files in dropbox.  I work on a word doc no my PC, its saved in dropbox, 5 mins later I work on it on may Mac, saved again in dropbox - back forth till the end of time.  Do you foresee this word doc becoming corrupt?  (This is just an example)   Thanks again
Marvin, Thanks for the feedback.  The main reason I want to keep one partition is that most online back up services only allow one PC and one external hard drive.  If I partition the drive I was expecting the online service to see it as two drives (I have not tested this).   So I actually have 2 seagate 1 TB drives that I use as backups (one is a mirror image of the other).  If I were to reformat one of the drives to the HFS, how can I get the data from my other...
Mac / PC / External Drive Backups   I know this topic has been covered, however as is typical of the all mighty Internet there appears to be conflicting information so I thought I would try once more.   What I am working with: PC with windows XP Mac Air Seagate Free Agent External Hard Drive (NTFS format – 1TB)   What I want to do: Have my PC regularly backup to the Seagate on the same partition as the MAC. Have my Mac Air reg regularly backup to...
So my solution...patience.  I had a 17gig Outlook file, I let it load/sync overnight however that was not long enough.  You need to let your files completely sync prior to expecting the Outlook to function properly.  It works fine now.  The Progress Status under tools led me down the correct path and let me see the issue.  I am running my PC at work, my Mac in meetings / home / on the road and another PC at home and iPhone all connected to the exchange server and...
Hello.  I bought a Mac Air yesterday primarily for work proposes.  I installed Office 2011 and entered exchange data into Outlook and the Mac did a great job with auto discover and setting up my email and downloading it and my folders.   MY work is all PC.   My problem: When I modify my email on my MAC, say delete an item or move it to a folder, it does not update my outlook on my work PC (or work webmail). It is almost as if it is only modifying it locally...