or Connect

Posts by Bobby Chapman

If you'll Google "imovie crash after latest update" as I did, you will see that many, many people experienced the same problem as I. In my book, that is what I call  havoc. Since nobody uses the 3ivx codec,and obviously it conflicts with the latest version of imovie, why is it installed automatically during Mac updates? Thanks a lot for your help.
Problem solved. After reading some Apple support threads, I deleted/uninstalled the 3ivxVideo.Codec.component from Quicktime library. After deleting it, iMovie 9.0.6 launched fine.   What in the world did Apple do to this ;atest iMovie update to cause such havoc for everyone?
Today I received an automatic Mac update, one of which was for iMovie. Now when I launch iMovie, I get the "Optimizing Movies" dialog window, then iMovie crahses. I tried rebooting and no luck.   Anyone have any ideas what I can do?  All worked fine prior to this last update today. What has Apple done?   I would appreciate any advise.   Bobby Chapman   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -   Here is my crash...