or Connect

Posts by richeh

That was the solution! I had called Mac about it and the senior phone tech told me it was just part of the system and didn't know how to get around it. I appreciate your help and, I'll try to lay off big fonts. Withdrawal will be hard!...Thanks
Not in Lion 10.7.5.... even if the guest user is turned off in Users & Groups by me, the administrator, the guest icon continues to show up at log in. If you choose to log in as "guest user" you are presented with a dialog box that says            "This computer will restart to a secure Safari-only system for the Guest User."             It then goes through a restart, which is slow, and the "guest" has access to Safari. Guest User can then get into their email...
Why did apple add an obligatory guest user in users and groups...in 10.7.5 upgrade? Now, on start up, I have to look at two icons, choose one, wait and then click to input password before I can log in. Before as an only user, it was quick. I only had to type in my password because the cursor was already in place…bingo I was in! I don’t appreciate having extra steps and preferences forced on me. This is clumsy, and intrusive. It’s not worthy of apple!
I wanted to post again because I found an app that does what's needed And then some. " Smart contacts for Iphone" that allows you to create and delete Groups directly on your iPhone and edit the membership of those groups as well....A pretty functional interface that takes a bit of getting use to but fits the bill…by pradeep deshmukh (sp)...I haven't iCloud winked yet since Installing but it seems to work well w my Phone contacts. A key piece of this software is the...
this is what I did and as a general disclaimer I do not guarantee successful smart group merging/syncing FOR OTHERS...it was a fussy procedure and I had to fiddle with it so...   EXPORT A VCARD OF ALL YOUR CONTACTS TO YOUR DESKTOP AND FILE AWAY SAFELY AS A BACKUP   ONLINE Go to icloud on you browser and log in go to the address book on line create the same smart groups names that that you created in you mac address book...COMPLETELY THE SAME merge or let...