or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

And this is another straw man argument fallacy. I never claimed that they were the same thing; my use of the term was perfectly correct; that reduction to absurdity was used as a fallacy; lastly you forgot to answer exactly what you gain by bringing up this subject.
You can call it a straw man fallacy, if you like, which actually happened in the case that I quoted, and I mentioned it in the same post... What exactly do you gain there?The careful reader has long realized that this place is full of trolls. Personally, I only post here for entertainment; it's fun to laugh at the absurd excuses people come up with.
The EFI on all Macs released since early 2011 will download the recovery partition from the Internet once upgraded to at least OS X Lion, if it can't find one on the disk. OS X versions prior to Lion had optical installation media included with the Macs they shipped with. While this screws people on slow connections and people with data caps, I guess it doesn't affect most of Apple's customers, otherwise they wouldn't have ditched the installation media. Apple used to...
I got banned and unbanned. Not sure what you intend to accomplish by pointing that out, though.My posts must be giving you a lot of trouble, if you have to create such a straw man to make me look unreasonable...
Straw man argument fallacy. Also, my argument never changed, I merely stated that there was no double standard anywhere by demonstrating that I was, in fact, comparing completely different products.Reduction to absurdity fallacy.This thread is about desktops, not laptops, so moot point.Maybe I want to record something to listen / watch on my living room, such as stuff from iTunes... Maybe I actually use optical media because of how cheap, disposable, and universal it...
There's no double standard anywhere, I'm talking about two distinct products with two completely different functions. Laptops compromise their peripherals for portability and a built-in UPS. Desktops, however, do not have the portability constraint, so they should not make such compromises, especially when they don't have to. A desktop does NOT need to be thinner than a 2011 iMac, it does NOT need to have its optical drive removed for space, it does NOT need to have...
Did you notice the question mark at the end?Nope, that is your interpretation of it. As you may have noticed, I provided you with a completely different interpretation, which for reasons beyond my understanding you did not even address...Why would it need to be used primarily on PCs? It is clear that the media type is still used, so the claim that it is obsolete (and the comparison with the floppy drives of age) are pointless.
So, let us begin with the dissection of nonsense.A $2000 computer is only designed to read E-mail?Nope, I'm only expecting average results, and apparently it can't even provide that. Would you be making the same comment had Apple included a crappy TN display rather than an IPS? You can connect an external monitor to an iMac,. too, so this shouldn't be a problem, right?Joke's on you; your reduction to absurdity didn't even address the point of the poster you're...
What's wrong with the expectation of reasonably good speakers in a multimedia device? Sure you have the high-end options if you are such an audiophile, but the built-in speakers should be enough to cover mainstream use, especially in an all-in-one. Owning a mid-2011 iMac myself, I find the speakers in it to be just right for me, but my MacBook Pro's speakers are utter crap, which I accept because it's a laptop.Why is everyone on this site so apologetic to the crap Apple...
Glad I had the foresight to save my SHSH blobs during the beta, because by the looks of it, neither my iPhone nor my iPad will see an upgrade any time soon. The jailbreak will keep them useful for a long time. By the way, I'm quite impressed with Nokia's HERE Maps as far as data is concerned; it's surpassing Google Maps in both accuracy and information by a huge margin for me.