or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

You don't know what you're talking about. For starters, our laws do not require phones to be unlocked until we've fully paid for them, and secondly carriers not caring is an Apple issue, not a carrier issue; carriers have clients regardless of whether they subsidize the iPhone or not.
All this crap talk about Europeans and people seem to forget about one particular detail: we don't have subsidized iPhones in many places here, Apple isn't willing to walk the extra step to work with carriers, and carriers don't care enough because most people here prefer prepaid services. As I write this, I'm still waiting for tethering support on the iPad. I've instructed my carrier (Vodafone) on the exact steps that they must take in order to enable it, but from what...
I have Google Maps for that (still using iOS 5.1.1), and my use of apps doesn't have to be mutually exclusive (except in the case of Apple Maps because they forced me to make a choice).How's that relevant when I can't even trust the data? The thing about both Nokia and Google Maps for me is that I trust both of them to provide me with consistently accurate information everywhere in the world. I don't need maps to find my way around where I live; I need maps to find my...
I'm looking at an app that actually works as advertised, has plenty of information in my area including traffic and spoken walking directions, and can be pre-cached. I care about functionality, not bling.
That's some thorough review you did there...
First it doesn't prove anything, it creates doubt. Secondly, not that I'm aware of. As far as I know, the UK has 4 opt-outs: one from the EMU (Euro), another for the Charter of Fundamental Rights (a kind of European constitution), and two for the open borders.
They have negotiated opt-outs (this also applies to Denmark and informally to Sweden).
That's not exactly how it works:1 - Lack of conformity arising up to 6 months after the time of purchase is to be regarded as being present at the time of purchase (Apple can not even attempt to prove otherwise in this case);2 - Lack of conformity reported a day before the end of the 2-year period is considered present at the time of purchase by default unless Apple can prove that it was caused by incorrect use of the product;3 - Lack of conformity has to be reported...
I understand what you're talking about; what I don't understand is why it should have any more credit than anyone else's guess.
See I'm a developer too, with a very low tolerance for bullshit, and your explanation does not address the fact that in the video it happened consistently on both iPhone 5s units but not on either of the iPhone 4Ses, and if you don't have a source for this other than being a developer, I'm sorry to tell you, but your guess here is as valid as anyone else's.Both iPhones display at 60fps, and the frame rate can't affect anything since the rendering is composite, not to...