or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

That only tells me you haven't used it, otherwise you would know, because the experiences that I report are common to everyone using it. Do you want me to provide you with a very common use case where Safari fails so you can verify it for yourself and stop calling an anecdote or will you admit you're lying and not reply to my post out of shame?
I actually disagree with that. Have you used Safari lately? It's unusable, lots of rendering issues when Javascript is involved caused by "tweaks" to increase the number of threads in WebKit, memory leaks all over the place resulting in a Webprocess that sometimes privately allocates as much as 6GB of RAM on my Mac, HTML5 local storage data that doesn't go away while Private Browsing (making Private Browsing actually LESS private than regular browsing), and this is just...
That's like starting a new Wikipedia that sucks, forcing people to use it, and telling them it will get better if they continue to use it when everyone can consult the original Wikipedia. I don't use Wikipedia to contribute to it, I use Wikipedia to gain a general understanding of things; I don't absolutely trust Wikipedia, but I hold it to a much higher standard than I would hold a newly formed concurrent crowdsourced encyclopedia. That is the problem with Maps, I don't...
What is the alternative core Maps app that integrates with Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Siri on iOS 6? My "alternatives" are crippled, something that didn't happen with Google Maps' alternatives, hence the flaw in the analogy.By the way, just to stop this already derailed train of thought, let me remind you that all analogies are flawed in nature due to being inferences from the particular to the particular; they can only be used when all the parties in a debate...
He certainly didn't know the state in which te app would be released to the public, and would have stepped in to stop it if he was there, because the app sucks.
That's not a replacement, those solutions continued to exist with all their feature thus giving you choice in the cases where Google Maps failed.Yes it does, it replaces Google Maps as the core Maps app on iOS, meaning no more integration with Contacts, Reminders, Calendars, Siri, etc., and as such, deserves to be compared to Google Maps.
Same. I like the fact that Apple is actually acknowledging the problem, as much as it causes butt hurt to the idiots who assume that just because it works for them they should be the norm rather than the exception. I live outside of the US, and as far as my experience is concerned, there is no way I can trust the crap Apple Maps is; it fails to the point of being worse than I would expect from amateurs. When your map data isn't even in sync with your search database,...
Your analogy is flawed, Google Maps didn't replace anything.
Well, I should report that iOS 6's maps can finally return a result when I search for my street, which has been charted on the map since day 1 in the beta, BUT only if I type its name with a cedilla and a circumflex to match the exact spelling (this street is named after a city in Mozambique; my entire neighborhood's streets are named after cities in Africa, meaning lots of non-ASCII characters in street names), and EVEN THEN it still points to a location like 3 kilometers...
1 - That doesn't mean I didn't have the idea before and only brought it at that point because it was only relevant by then;2 - I had no prior knowledge of this patent, thus classifying this as a prediction, even if the patent was filed before my suggestion;3 - My point with this comment was to demonstrate, once again, that Apple's statement about inductive charging was most likely bullshit; they just didn't have the tech ready in time. The future shall tell...