or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

I takes a long time for me to trust a mapping app. My trust in Google Maps did not come overnight, as I mentioned earlier in the thread.
You get what? That I don't care whether you believe me or not? That's true, I don't, because it's not relevant to the debate. Don't try kindergarten psychology on an emotionally detached person, I'm not motivated by the same things normal people are.And to think I was being called irrational earlier...
Except the latter wouldn't have happened without the former, and if I am rendered unable to use GPS on my phone, I will lose interest in developing for it, too. Is it that hard to comprehend?
You don't have to "buy into" anything I say because I've already defeated the whole argument earlier. Even if I was lying, the Maps app is available for testing in the iOS Smiluator, which is now available for everyone as part of Xcode 4.5 which has been released to public, so I'd never be required to use iOS 6 in my devices in order to test Maps. The whole claim that I'm talking about something that I don't know has been invalidated long ago, and you can't prove that...
Apple has never released updates to previous versions of iOS, as far as I know, so they are unlikely to start doing that now (the difference is that the major upgrades are free whereas OS X's are paid).My argument was from the perspective of the customer. I do not have to care about Apple's internal or external struggles; they're sacrificing my experience as a customer for what to me are petty reasons, and they don't seem to care much about it either, otherwise they'd...
They make no sense to you because you're confusing cause and effect, which is an informal logic fallacy. I became a developer because I bought an iPhone, not the other way around; and I bought an iPhone specifically because of Google Maps. I'm a geek, that shit happens, I buy tech and feel the need to tinker with it, there isn't much else to read into.
Yes, I choose my relationships based on people's cell phones.In one hand I had a device that I fully tested; in the other hand I had plenty of devices that I had no access to in order to test, so naturally I chose the device that I was certain to have all the functionality that I wanted. What is there so irrational about it? I'm not gullible, you telling me that device A does more than device B does not necessarily make it true; some people value things that others don't...
For starters, I asked for a citation (you're replying with speculation, which I can do, too), and secondly Apple isn't gathering or processing that data, they're displaying it to users in a convenient way, just like Google does through the browser. There is absolutely no reason to believe that Google would charge Apple for a service that they provide for free, quite the opposite actually, as Google regards users as assets to their advertisement core business, rather than...
If I'm the irrational party here, then how come you're the one making all the irrational assumptions? Who told you that I've never used iOS 6? I'm an iOS developer, I've used iOS 6 a lot longer than most people and downgraded back to 5.1.1 after 6 launched to the public because I don't need it on my devices anymore.Right back at you! Stop speculating!EDIT: Forgot to mention that iOS 6 Maps is also available in the Simulator, so even now I can still test it.
Can you please name a single retail store that will let me take several phones for a test drive and return them if I'm not satisfied with their quality? How would I test an Android device considering that I don't have access to them? I did test the iPhone because I had several people with access to it, and it did what I wanted; the extra features on Android don't matter to me, so even if an Android phone was available for me to test at the time I would have likely made...