or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

Dude, I don't pay Apple to be a beta tester, I pay Apple for access to the developer program. I tested the new maps when the beta went up, noticed they sucked, never looked at them again. It's not my responsibility to test Apple products, if they want me to do it, they should be the ones paying me. I report problems that affect my code; the rest is of absolutely no relevance to me as a developer. It might be as a user, but I compartmentalize things, and my user's needs...
I don't want location information on the browser, I want the ability to save locations without a Google account, and the web app takes ages to update your positions (especially in areas with low reception) and is sluggish compared to the native app (this also applies to the new Maps which run at like 10-20fps). I'll get an iPad Mini for development as soon as they come out; in the mean time I'll stick to the Simulator for a month for iOS 6 support. I really didn't want...
Well that's too bad, but at least I've already downgraded my iPad. Not sure what I'm going to do for development now but I know I'm not upgrading again for a while. Goodbye iOS 6...
I never said it was perfect; you asked how I lived without maps and I gave you an answer.By the way, I've just downgraded my iPad3,3 (LTE/GSM) back to iOS 5.1.1. It was perfectly doable for me, Xcode doesn't seem to care.
The poster I replied to was claiming that the iPad replaced other tablets like the new Maps replaced the old Maps. Clearly not the case.Inferences from the particular to the general are informal logic fallacies. Using them against me won't get you anywhere in an argument.That doesn't mean they have more choice, like they did when the iPad came out. Sorry, that analogy is flawed; not that it matters though, analogies are informal logic fallacies due to being inferences...
Those didn't replace anything. Other tablets continued to be available, users had choice. This is not the case now, unless you do like me and do not upgrade.
In the mean time, users of the service are left in the dark. This is not quality.
The new maps are utter crap. Here, I said it. I saw this coming in the beta firmwares, and I'm glad I kept my iPhone away from those. That said, I have iOS 5.1.1 firmwares for the iPad3,3 and iPhone4,1 should I ever need them. For now my iPad will remain on iOS 6 because I need it for development, but until Google releases a decent app to address this nonsense, I'll stay away from iOS 6 on the iPhone. It's a lot less detailed than Google Maps and the search sucks as...
Motorola may have a case, but Apple may also have a plausible defense, as something unexpected came to light recently about patent law in the US that can invalidate many of these patents because they patent the result rather than the method. If there's a company with enough muscle to cause a reform to the patent system, Apple would be that company. The only question is: is that in their interest?
You don't need a filesystem for OBEX, OPP, BIP, BPP, DUN, Fax, HID, MAP, and PBA (for example), and those are pretty useful profiles for exchanging pictures, vcards, making your cameras available as scanners, bluetooth printing, bluetooth modems (useful to send SMSes and make calls through a computer), to connect keyboards and other human interface devices (available on the iPad only with limited functionality), to integrate with docks and external car hands-free sets,...