or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

That's pointless without context. If you compare the things those people use Bluetooth for to the things people use Bluetooth for on all other phones, including some dumb phones, you will realize that, yes, Bluetooth on the iPhone is borderline useless as you can only use it for audio (and a keyboard on the iPad). File exchanging, Internet connectivity, SIM sharing, etc. are all unavailable features.
For anyone still thinking this implies any kind of new functionality that the 30-pin Dock Connector did not already support, take a look at the iPad Camera Connection Kit to see what USB host functionality has been and will be used for. USB host functionality is old news.
It remains to be seen how useful those capabilities will be. The iPhone supports Bluetooth too, but it is so limited in terms of supported profiles that it's borderline useless. Don't expect the USB host functionality to be used for anything other than plugging cameras, something you could already do with the 30-pin connector. The only thing you can take from this article is that they didn't remove ALL the functionality (USB remains), just most of it...Where did you...
The 4S supports both GSM and CDMA. A single phone covers most carriers in the world, with the downside of not supporting LTE. This upgrade to LTE is actually a compromise, since you're back to having distinct GSM and CDMA models, so your AT&T phone won't work on Sprint/Verizon and vice-versa, and you'll have to make a choice if you buy an unlocked phone directly from Apple.
The more I read about this phone, the more I praise my 4S. World phone without bullshit. No LTE support, but with data caps, who really needs that?
And where is that? Is a touch-screen innovation where it really matters? Is the ability to run apps on your phone innovation where it really matters? Who defines what matters? And why would the ability to easily charge a phone in public places not matter?Technically, metal conductors would achieve the same as a connector (which is the point, no drawbacks), however from a usability perspective (which is where Apple is supposed to be strong) they would be a huge...
For starters, with that comment I really doubt you've ever used an iPad dock since those docks are way smaller than the iPad; you can't just drop the iPad on them with one hand, especially without looking since it has to be perfectly centered, and you need to hold the iPad from the bottom because inserting it there requires a specific tilt (letting it rest on the stand doesn't work, at least on the third-generation iPad, which is slightly thicker). Secondly, even if I was...
Yes. Have you used the iPad dock yet? Aligning it with the connector is a PAIN (not to mention that it doesn't work with the Smart Case on and connecting through the Smart Case is another PITA). An inductive charger and accessories with their own USB ports would address both of these issues.Indeed. Previous iPhone designs never compromised anything; this one compromised a lot.It only lost Firewire, component video, composite video, two analog audio channels, HDMI, and...
Inductive charging would be pretty nice, especially since everything else is already wireless anyway, it would add to the coolness factor which is pretty relevant when it comes to Apple hardware. Cables could still be used, all Apple would have to do would be to leave two metal contacts somewhere on the outer shell of the phone that a case / bumper / whatever could connect to and the problem with USB charging would go away. They could even use more of these contacts to...
Well, I called it. No AV output at the moment (neither through the adapter nor through new accessories), and the new iPods are already out... Like I mentioned in another thread, this iPhone is a downgrade in terms of connectivity. Thumbs up for the EarPods though, I'm ordering some right now.