or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

1 - My basis for that comment is the sudden focus into hardware specs and growing complexity of the product lines to target a broader audience.2 - Just because profit wasn't achieved, it doesn't mean the company is not pushing for it. Many of the current-generation products are more expensive than their previous-generation counterparts were during their prime time.3 - I never said that Cook was "just looking for pure profit". They updated the design because they think it...
While he might have contributed to the current product like, you can not claim that he would have given it the green light to go into production in its current state.
I appreciate it when people take risks to accomplish useful goals, which this was not. They changed the design for the sake of it, not to accomplish any objective goal.This is not a question of sensibility but rather of practicability. The new designs accomplish absolutely nothing in terms of usability or practicability, they do not have an objective goal; they do not actually improve anything; but they come with compromises; therefore they can not be called innovation. ...
Changing existing products is not my definition of innovation. The iPod was innovation since it disrupted the market; the iPhone was innovation since it did the same; the iPad created an entire new market where people thought there wasn't one, so that too was innovation to me; the Retina MacBook Pros and new iMacs, however, are not innovation to me because they're both full of compromises without creating any new markets or disrupting existing ones. An awesome thing Jobs...
Fact is that they sold less Macs this quarter.Can you quote anyone actually claiming that?See my reply to your first paragraph.
You know your signature applies to Apple, too, right?
Yeah, like the iPad mini, never gonna happen!
It's only ridiculous to sell when no one else is doing it.
As I mentioned in another thread, dividends never do that. All they do is to burst the speculation bubble, because once you start giving out dividends, people start caring about actual profit. Microsoft made the same mistake and Jobs knew this, but Cook is only now learning it the hard way.
Last time they attempted to optimize Webkit, they created a rendering issue on MacBook Pros with dual GPUs that's yet to be fixed on Safari 6.