or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

Those 31% represent year-over-year sales growth, not share.  They are essentially stating that Apple sold 31% more phones in the previous quarter than they did in the same quarter last year while Samsung sold 24% more phones in the same time period.  It's not very well written, though.
While I'm as much of an Apple fag as it gets, I'm glad to see Google interact with third parties and hope that the app doesn't get rejected, it just sucks that they're only realizing the potential now that Apple is finally disconnecting from them rather than before launching Android.  An Apple-Google partnership could have done wonders for both companies.
  Anything that looks like an iPad can be considered an iPad -- that's the argument, that's what these statistics prove.  Even the statistics stating that Android was hard to operate, had poor responsiveness, and had a poor app selection could be considered as people who were actually expecting "an iPad from a different brand" just like they can usually expect all PC brands to run Windows.
To call it iPhone 5 would make a lot more sense than to call it iPhone 6 since internally the version string for the iPhone 4S is iPhone4,1 (my 64GB Wi-Fi 4G iPad is an iPad3,3; not sure whether the minor number changes based on specifications).   Back to the topic: if they're making this change, I hope they extend it to the iPad as well, not because I believe there's a need for space inside an iPad but because I like to have the ability to swap the SIMs when I need...
  Sometimes I wonder whether people think their ideas through.  You login to iCloud to use Find My iPhone, iCloud sends a message to the stolen phone?  Good luck getting both your iCloud account AND your phone back now!  Perhaps you should call your carrier and have the number reassigned to a new phone (or a new card mailed), but what if the information they have on record for you is outdated?  Oops, now you've lost your phone, your phone number, AND your iCloud account...
  That's only half the story.  Apple changed Maps because Google restricts what third-parties can do with their maps through their license, which obviously puts Android at an advantage -- this is a perfectly justified move, especially since there's nothing stopping Google from publishing a replacement to the App Store.  YouTube made even less sense to support as an app since the site is just as useful on the browser and, again, nothing stops Google from publishing their...
  That's some huge slippery slope you got on...  I, on the other hand, see no reason to benefit a particular company, especially one that already enjoys a monopoly and has been doing everything they possibly can to undermine Apple's efforts.  I am also against officially featuring specific services such as Twitter, Vimeo, Flickr, etc.  Instead they should allow us to develop bundles to extend the list of Sharing options as well as the functionality of the Phone and...
Upgraded to Mountain Lion the day it came out on this 15" high-end late 2011 MacBook Pro, and the only issue I have experienced was with Safari 6 glitching a lot, which seems to have been fixed.  Haven't noticed any additional system load, loss of battery life, or anything else.   Power Nap is supposed to only work when the Mac is connecting to an external power source, so it is unlikely to cause battery problems (though I can't really test since my Mac isn't...
Honestly I'm not too concerned about battery life.  My phone is constantly plugged in to some power source, either on its dock at home or connected to USB at work.  What I'd really really like would be a reflective background to make it possible to read the screen in plain sunlight.  This obviously requires sacrificing a bit of brightness because the reflective surface wouldn't be as transparent, but to me the convenience to read maps in the sun is a lot more important....
  If do not know about the details, why do you feel like you must share a completely misinformed opinion?   Here are a few facts that you just got wrong:   Samsung's evidence was excluded because Samsung missed the deadline to file it -- it is actually quite strange that a company that has already been found guilty of destroying evidence would forget to file key evidence in a case like this in a timely fashion. While the information was public, there was no jury...