or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

Actually, the choice on whether to enable Location Services is one of the very first questions iOS 5 and 6 ask you during the setup process, even following a backup restore; also, the setting to turn it off globally is right there in the Settings main menu on iOS 5 (though it's harder to find on iOS 6).
How many sites are you aware of that warn you about the cookies that they set on your system? Also, what makes you think that not going to a Google site means anything? The sites you visit can have Google stuff on them, and I can tell you that right now you are accessing a site with Google ads on it (AppleInsider). Whose responsibility is to warn people about that? Google's (which you aren't even accessing directly) or the site that you are accessing? And if you...
If it couldn't locate you, that's more than likely an issue with your GPS' synchronization than Google Maps. Apps don't have direct access to any kind of location data or hardware; everything has to either go through a core C API implemented by Apple or the kernel. If the APIs don't provide information, the apps can't make it up. Switching to a different app won't change anything since all the data comes from the same place; you may notice a difference later because...
Your ignorance.Two errors in this statement. For starters, the app was developed by Apple, not Google (it only used Google as a back-end), and secondly it stagnated because Apple refused to accept conditions that Google imposed, and as a third-party can implement on its own app, in exchange for extra services for iOS. If anyone dragged their feet here, that was Apple. Google got what they wanted in the end -- a native iOS app in the app store with ads and full...
Nobody needs to; Apple deserves all the criticism since they effectively removed Google Maps from iOS to replace it with their own solution, meaning they are expected to perform at least as well as Google Maps did everywhere. Apple put themselves in such a position, they only have themselves to blame for it. Google didn't replace anything, they never put themselves in a position that would lead people to expect their solution to be better than anyone else's.
Can you please link to a post, article, or anything at all with someone claiming that Google is "100% perfect"?
I don't get the logic in this: why should Apple fans not use it unless they're idiots? What reason is there to purposely cripple yourself over brand loyalty? Does Apple pay you to be a fan? Because they don't pay me and actually charge me a lot more than the competition, so if I'm really missing something here and there's money to be made, I'd like to learn how! Perhaps then I would understand the generally retarded bias on this forum...
You keep saying it makes sense without actually explaining it. Why shouldn't Apple accept Google-branded software? It's not even like there wasn't already Google-branded software in the app store back when Jobs was alive... You really have to justify your belief, because currently it is completely unfound; claiming that it "makes sense" without demonstrating how is irrational.
Not comparable since they aren't selling you anything. They're providing you with free services. Any company is inherently untrustworthy when they do that, even Apple (you dn't pay extra for Apple's Maps).
That's not the conclusion. The conclusion is that Google still came out winning in the current situation. As far as Google is concerned, they don't give a crap whether you're running Android, iOS, Windows Phone, or anything really, as long as you're using their services. By having an app on iOS, as well as the trust of many iOS users (such as myself), Google wins out, not only because they came out as saviors in the eyes of the consumers by giving back what Apple took...