or Connect

Posts by Vaelian

That's not a case of lack of transparency, unless you accept the notion that Apple, too, lacks transparency, because otherwise you will have to explain the double standard in the light of the location data that [URL=http://************/2011/04/20/ios-secretly-storing-your-location-data-say-researchers/]Apple was found to be storing without permission on iOS[/URL].AppleInsider seems to have problems with nine to five mac dot com links; I'll leave my post like because it's...
Which ones?
So, if Apple themselves admitting to having a problem can not necessarily be construed as evidence of that, then what would you consider evidence? Don't start talking about objective comparisons here, such a thing is unlikely to exist due to the size of the dataset, thus making your claim an appeal to ignorance.
Or perhaps the current Google Maps app implements features under conditions that Apple wasn't willing to accept...
Speaking of trolls, why are you attacking the analyst's reputation rather than his claim?Did you know that Google Maps on iOS was developed by Apple rather than Google?Did you know that the only reason why Google Maps on iOS was worse than on Android was because Apple was unwilling to accept things that Google has implemented in the current app, such as binding to other Google services and ads?
A few funny things about the confirmation bias on your post:1 - You need to use a GPS to navigate your area? The complaints you have would make sense on a global scale; reducing them to your area, however, makes no sense at all, especially if the competition doesn't have any of those services either.2 - In what cases does 3D and flyover help you that satellite view does not?3 - Apple Maps does not have street view anywhere at all, so this point is completely moot.4 -...
Thank you, Google, for going out of your way to fix this nonsense. You're really showing who the uncooperative party is here. I can finally upgrade to iOS 6, but do I want to do so and lose composite AV mirroring from the jailbreak?
Nope, that's quoting out of context, a fallacy, which also tells me that you are trolling, so all I'll do from this point forward will be to nitpick on the logic of your posts.That point actually reinforces my argument, so thanks. Google giving me back things that Apple took from me justifies the double standard against Apple.Only because I have not upgraded yet. Had I upgraded, I would actually have lost the native and tightly integrated Google Maps app. Of course,...
Or maybe this has already been posted and I have already refuted it twice in this thread... For starters it doesn't even make sense to consider Google Maps on the web because the service already existed before Apple Maps, so nothing was gained or lost there. Secondly, Google Maps on the web is not tightly integrated with iOS like the app was, and on top of that has issues such as the maps not rotating, the cursor requiring a reliable network connection to move (otherwise...
No, I have not. Cite the comment where I did it or accept defeat. This is a straw man fallacy.