or Connect

Posts by bighype

iOS version doesn't and it never did. I'm guessing that's on purpose Google will kill the iOS version. That's why they bought it. Google Goggles is much better than Word Lens and Google Translate is not a joke like Word Lens' translation engine. Google just wants to dominate a certain area and they're killing off competition and making sure no one can get a leg-up by buying that competition.
Word Lens is not something trivial that someone can replicate easily. It can take years to just create a good translation engine and it takes a while to write a good image recognition engine that can work in real time. If it were easy, we would have seen Chinese/Indian-made clones by now. Games, To-Do apps, Text Editors is what's easy and most prevalent in the App Store. Hard apps is what's rare. And Google's buying them up.
Future? I already have Android envy because it has Google Goggles and iOS has nothing.
Patents? Patents are useless. Samsung copied iPhone and iOS which were under 100+ patents and what has that done to them? $120 million fine.Samsung built millions of phones and raked in BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of revenue by copying Apple and for a measly cost of $120 million.LAUGHABLE!Patents are for idiots. They don't stop anything. Android's bigger than ever.
Google's evil and I don't want to give away my privacy to that evil company.
You're delusional. They could have bought all of Warner for $3billion. $3.2 billion for a crappy streaming app that anyone can replicate + 2 BS peddling snake oil salesmen? Give me a break.No one can even figure out why Apple would buy Beats. And especially not for that ridiculous price.Tim Cook's moving Apple into luxury fashion direction.
Because Tim Cook's an idiot. That's why.
My iPhone is becoming less and less useful to me. That's what my problem is. All the useful stuff will be on Android, not on iPhone. iPhone will be just another Vertu: an expensive phone that looks amazing but has horrible functionalities and people will be buying it not for features but because it's a status symbol.
Google Translate doesn't have image recognition.
Apple can spend BILLIONS of mediocre ghetto headphones but they can't spend few dozen million on real-time translation?