or Connect

Posts by sr2012

Ubitus is using Nvidia Grid, or at least some of it... So Nvidia is trying to enable the cloud gaming providers, whether they themselves will do retail cloud gaming is interesting. They probably just want to sell the hardware and SDK and let others worry about the distribution model.Very similar to their GPU approach, just supply it to whoever wants to do the retail stuff.Very smart guy, this Jen-Hsun Huang.Thanks for comments, everyone... this looks interesting...!I want...
The time has come. It was a great ride with Steve Jobs, but now with others on the horizon, like Nvidia's Jen-Hsun Huang and Tesla/SpaceX's Elon Musk, there are new role models and instigators out there. I plan to sell my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 this weekend. iPad 3 fetches a reasonable price even on trade-in sites, and it was an interesting several months. iPhone 5, well, I pay a bit on contract for that but it's spread monthly so not too bad. The why. Android smartphones...
On http://earthhour.fr/ ... There are a lot of CAPITALS and EXCLAMATIONS! ... Is this a French thing? Curious... I came across this because this site actually has a nice responsive layout ie. it works across desktop, tablet and mobile.
A pretty impressive line up. This will swamp the airwaves this week so just giving y'all a heads up. http://www.androidcentral.com/nvidia-announces-project-shield
The HTC One X, One XL, One X+, Samsung S3 and Samsung Note2, Droid DNA/Buttefly all have extremely superb displays. Size, color, sharpness, uniformity, black contrast. For these models I mention, any rational person will see that the iPhone 5 is excellent but even size notwithstanding, doesn't quite come close.The HTC One X screen is very beautiful, and it's not even considered the "best" Android smartphone (that goes to S3, Note2, DNA/Butterfly).There are some smartphones...
Bias is one thing. Going to great heights on one's horse is another.
@Chrislove, that's actually a superb idea. Just standard hardware which you can pop in any SIM.@Both for Android one would just use AOSP and some apps/mods to handle the hardware. For WP8, I don't know. But for Android, definitely. As long as AOSP (CM10 etc) runs decently on it, it will be sweet.In the case of Android if the hardware is open ala Ouya, then yeah...As for phone and tablet, it is pretty blurred.
Good job, thanks for the proper info.Indeed, since when does the government know ~anything~ about technology.
As you know, I've been quite vocal on this issue. Of course, I still use a Mac, but I am hesitant to consider the latest MBPs and iMacs.As for phones though, switching to Android has opened up a whole new world for me, and here's why ~ it is like when I got my own first "modern" Mac, the iBook G3 500mhz (white). I remember that "glow" to the day... It's like, I wake up, go to work, on the train I pull it out, and there's that ~sense of wonder and amazement~ ... that...
Thank you very much, I appreciate the support. I have outlined time and time again what devices I use, what I like and don't like about Apple, and observations of the trends. Yes I am passionate about things, but not in shouting down other people, as far as possible I try to highlight the benefits and facts of what I like.Cheers and indeed, this year is going to be an interesting one.PS I have also highlighted that what I am trying to communicate is the difference that...