or Connect

Posts by sr2012

Yeah, even in the USA: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/smartphones.html for example... Galaxy Note 2 is more expensive than entry-level iPhone 5, HTC One X+ is same price as entry-level iPhone 5.So, indeed, not only is it around the same price, the Android phone might actually offer ~better~ value compared to iPhone 5.You've of course got all the cheap crappy Android phones but I don't think those are anything to shout about, the game will be "won and lost" at the...
Fair enough. However, I don't think money is even an issue in the iOS-Android "debate". If you're talking Samsung, HTC and Nexus, vs iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, on contract, in Australia at least, they're all the same. That is, 2 year contracts on Telstra for example, they're all $60/month to $80+/month AUD depending on the data you want.So for smartphones, we're talking higher-end Android vs iOS, there's not a money issue for phones on contract.
Yeah, that pretty much says it all. Not only in apps but also in web browsers, globally, iOS and Android use is 50-50 at least.Some people in the Apple world refuse to acknowledge this, even myself in the past. But now with my Xperia S and Nexus 7 alongside my iOS stuff, Android 4.x is going to lead us into a relatively tied 50-50 across mobile and tablet in 2013, and will probably surpass iOS in a variety of share measurements by the end of 2013.The S4, HTC One XL+ (LTE...
As far as Samsung's transgressions go, they certainly have been ripoff merchants. As far as Android products go, the Samsung GS2, GS3, HTC One X, One XL, One XPlus, Nexus4, Nexus 7... There are a lot of quality Android devices coming out now. Apple is not "at the top" and therefore "hated".It's a 50-50 world. Anyone who thinks otherwise is, I would say, delusional. Maybe it wasn't so 1-3 years ago because Android was clunky on 2.x and 3.x was no redeemer.But 4.x Android......
The above is a very good point. The ~question~ is how much is that disputed patent worth? If it is less than, say $50 million (excluding damages and what not) then those interested would rather Kodak sell of what it can and then work out the rest somehow.On Apple's part it would be interesting, again to see how much that disputed patent is worth. If the disputed patent was a $200 million argy-bargy thing then yes, this would be a big issue working out who gets what.Dead...
Fair enough.
Keep your friends close, but your enemies...It's not something just personal, I empathise with your concern about what's happening with AAPL and Apple. The thing is that during Steve Jobs' oversight, we could "stomach" a variety of things, because, well, Steve Jobs and the team at Apple were truly changing the world.If Tim Cook does not show such "uniqueness" as well then we are sort of in a no-man's-land where Apple is still "different" but "not-that-different".So Apple...
I reckon Jony Ive can still do some mean stuff a few hours hands-on in front of the computer using his favourite 3D program.
So is Apple bringing the jobs back to the USA or is Foxconn? Clarification?
Something very fishy about Tim Cook recently.