or Connect

Posts by sr2012

Take Care.
@melgross some very good points. Interesting times. The switch to Intel by Apple could pay off big time, but the level of risk involved for Intel and Apple is quite high. Global Foundries I think is not in play here because I don't think they have the wherewithal to take on such a challenge. Also, without Steve Jobs I wonder who might corral the forces of Intel and Apple to pull off x86 mobile for iOS devices in 2014-2018. Still, I've been extremely impressed, even...
You see, historically, web browsing on Android has been really bad. That's what I found with 2.3.x ... Alongside a variety of apps that can do almost anything (including a better forum experience eg. AndroidCentral Forum app and Tapatalk), it is natural that Android web browsing is not as high as iOS proportionally.However, with 4.x we have apps and rather decent web browsing now (Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin, built-in browser for Android).The real "end" to this debate is to...
But could Apple switch to Intel in 2 years? As in this would be a massive turnaround for iOS.
LOL they use apps more because on Android there really is an app for everything.
@Marvin... But this is where we are now in human civilisation. We've reached what I believe to be the peak of the current phase of our evolution (say, since learning to use a stick to whack something). The next step... Is beyond the physical. Beyond imagining. Beyond the furthest reaches of space and time. Beyond this single universe we think we know. If we unlock unlimited energy and unlimited space travel... Humanity... will do things we never thought possible....
But do you see that it is ~unlikely~ that Intel would fab ARM for Apple while also doing its x86 for mobile development? I see it as ~unlikely~, though I see it also as ~Intel's best choice~ :: cover all bases.The main risk, outside of political decisions, is that ARM could say Intel ripped off ARM in doing x86 for mobile because Intel fabbing and customising ARM could have "fed" Intel's x86 endeavours. Of course, Intel could easily take care of this, hopefully ethically,...
(Edit: not serial posting as requested by PhilBoogie)
Precisely. That's the problem. ~NASA's goal is to reach out to Muslims~ ... WTF???To get Palestine to accept the deal with Israel and recognise Israel's right to exist.Multiple offers in the past decades have been given with Israel agreeing to Palestine land.The problem is not Israel, it is Palestine, Hamas, and political Islam.The first solution is getting people to be aware of what is actually in the Quran, Hadith and Sirah.Islam is ~not~ a religion, it has nothing to do...
Er... you don't have to use a web browser to connect to the Internet. It's 2012.