or Connect

Posts by sr2012

Right. A British judge is an authority on what's "cool".
Websites in their current form have reached their sunset. It was like when CD-ROMs became obsolete. That's where we're at. Much more streamlined web apps, and "web" content in the form of apps, iBooks and so on for iOS are the future. Android? Who cares. Nothing will disappear but iPhone and iPad from 2012 to 2022 is where it's at. Bloated, nonsense websites (not referring to any specifically here) with rubbish ads and endless tracking and privacy issues are no longer...
2025? No idea.
If anyone cares I returned my MacBook Pro Retina. Just didn't have the "Steve" touch to it. In fact, I think OS X is actually not suited for Retina, even Mountain Lion. OS X is the best PC operating software out there, but we are now in a post-PC world. I was deeply saddened to return my MBP Retina, but it just didn't feel like the Steve days.
Yes and no. Can Apple unglue and reglue the batteries? Probably, but we need more confirmation from Apple. Other than that, logic board and so on is repairable. In this case it is replaceable.Someone should do a proper study about a MacBook Pro Retina and piece-of-crap Dell and see what the lifetime and repair, recycling process is. Something tells me a 2 year old Dell is pretty much landfill, whereas a 3 year old MacBook Pro Retina is still very highly prized.It doesn't...
Like I said, if we cannot even by whatever manual or automatic technique unglue a battery, recycle the battery and recycle the case, we are truly screwed. I mean, let's say you take a whole MacBook Pro Retina and put it in some "automagic recycling machine"... Does it automatically strip out the glass, logic board, screws, and so on? Who removes those components? A robot? Is there a 3rd world kid or an immigrant somewhere in the US that manually pops out every key on the...
1. Not referring to you. Those who accused me know who they are.2. OK no worries.3. This is racial profiling and is a concern.4. Indeed, but at the same time we can't ignore natural tendencies to think things like, "oh, Asian kids [in the West] are smart". This is a form of racism but less toxic.5. The pendulum has swung the other way ~ eg Netherlands, France being far too tolerant of Muslim extremism.6. Well, let me put forward that non-Malay-Mulims in Malaysia are highly...
Well, this topic is certainly not for the fainthearted, some may see more ease in just bashing Obama day in and day out, never once dipping further into the pie of substance, merely sniffing the garnishing.I challenge you to address the issue of whether I have been bigoted and xenophobic towards China.(Great image though... LOL)
Interesting. 1. I wrote the original post because I am being accused of being bigoted and xenophobic towards China. 2. The situation I describe are my experiences in the US, Australia, and the worst experience of racism, my birth country of Malaysia. 3. In certain countries you can "look" Muslim, if the race you look like is usually Muslim, or forced to be Muslim like Malays in Malaysia. 4. Interestingly, there are cases of "reverse-discrimination". Like in the SF Bay...
Well, they still care about environmental issues as well. As I mentioned above, I don't see how glue suddenly makes the whole unibody unrecyclable. That's sheer idiocy for 2012. If we can't recycle a MacBook Pro Retina that is mostly glass and aluminium, we might as well nuke ourselves and call it a day.