or Connect

Posts by sr2012

Again, why are you getting so worked up? I'm just saying which Apple products I like, and which I don't, which Android products I like, and which I might not. Isn't that the purpose of a "web forum" in these exciting times?Certainly your rage seems to provide some additional entertainment, but it is definitely not my intent.Not to mention how long I've been on these forums.BTW they do discuss Apple on AndroidCentral Forums which I also follow.But there is a lot of...
I'm not sure why you're going nuts over this. I'm just saying the iPad mini is not great and that the Nexus 7 has a better screen.Talking about specs, I thought (and still believe) that specs per se are not important for Apple ~ it's the experience, and the experience of the iPad mini is not that polished, IMO, regardless of specs of this or that device.And was it not Steve Jobs' comment that taking an iPad interface and shrinking it to 7" would require users to "shave"...
Yes, perhaps (not necessarily IMO) better than the iPad 2 and of course better than an iPhone 3GS display. But we're comparing to Nexus 7, for example.Nexus 7 is 216 ppi, 720p HD (1280x800 actually) and IPS.Nexus 7 has a better contrast ratio than even the iPad 3:http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nexus-7-test-jelly-bean,3249-5.html
Huh? There was one move which was greenlighted by the mods. I won't go into my previous username but suffice to say I've highlighted it before to some of you.I understand the concerns about switching but there were specific reasons for my move to a new username. I was never banned previously. Infractions, yes, but not banned.The iPad mini screen is not great. If you don't believe it by comparing one in person, consider the...
Let me briefly address this."*Android users establish no ties to Android"This is a strange claim because the Android ~ecosystem~ does exist. Mainly through Google cloud services but there are a lot of apps that one does become fond of, and there are things like Swype typing that become absolutely indispensable."*They generally find using Android and the hardware it runs on a frustrating experience, for various reasons"No doubt any hardware before Android 4 is frustrating...
Thank you for your reasoned attitude. With such an attitude you won't last long here. ...I am all about user experience and benefit for the user. No one company dominates in such a fashion, and this is how freedom, democracy and free markets is supposed to operate. Even in the heyday of Steve Jobs' resurgence I had a PC for gaming, until Windows became so unusable for gaming that I got an Xbox360 about a year ago.For computer, I have a MacBook Air 13" 2012 entry-level and...
In this case it's not just pixel density because everything is smaller. It's nowhere near retina quality so yes, it is blurry because of colours, contrast and other issues. Just compare one to a Nexus 7 and iPad 2.
I'm not sure there's any basis to your claims especially since you also have to account for Android growth. There's a lot of new users but where's the data on switchers?
@ddawson I just don't have that confidence in Apple anymore.
A lot are switching from Android to Apple as well. It's no longer the rooting crowd only. Younger people like the increased sophistication and flexibility. Still no swipe typing on iOS.