or Connect

Posts by sr2012

Yes.
A certain fan of a GPU made several years ago. You know... It's not to spam, I've tried many times to retire that username so as to try and be more of who I am now, warts and all.
I think Gates is lost in terms of technology. For the past five years aside from Windows 7 (which was restoring a WinXP2 experience from five years before that), Microsoft has not performed in any way besides market dominance in PCs alone.As for Gates' philanthropy, I don't think it will be the greatest ever, while he has made critical contributions, his technology senility such as thinking he can build better nuclear reactors (from the king of blue screen of death) is......
'Nuff SaidIt is impossible to make a reasonable website today that caters for IE6.LOL how true.People are idiots. You can call them up and say "we're Microsoft and we've detected a virus. Give us your credit card details and we will sort it out".This is the world that Microsoft has contributed to. Think about that. Ideology aside, let's face it, Microsoft is complicit in this kind of nonsense.Of course, Apple should fix the bug, and they are not perfect. But the argument...
Better yet, just remove it completely from your Mac. It seems ideological, but I am realising the tangible benefits of doing that.I hear the iRaqpad and iRaqphone is doing quite well, since the US won that war.Hmm... Imagine if that happened with an iPhone. "AppGate", "AppleGate", "iPhoneGate"... Entire web servers would buckle under the load of the online vitriol.That's a fair point, but Steve had a counter-intuitive view. Programmers should ~drive~ the right technology...
Long term capital gains tax doesn't mean you are taxed over a long term, it means if you hold that stock for a certain period of time you will pay a capital gains tax of a certain amount, incurred at the time of sale of the stock (i.e. has to be paid for that financial year).Once that stock becomes something else, the government still has a right to tax you whatever that is... If it is in other assets like stocks, then you don't pay straight away, but you still ~have~ to...
I think if you sell your stock you pay capital gains. Then your stock is in the form of cash. If you put the cash in a bank and get interest you will be charged on the interest income. That's why IRAs, 401Ks, [Superannuation in Australia], are good because you are only taxed on retirement or something like that so you can draw on the money when your marginal tax rate is low.So I think there is still this double taxation, which I haven't realised before. Because the...
Indeed. It's happening faster than I expected. Abandoning the web for apps. Abandoning desktops for laptops. Abandoning laptops for iPad. Abandoning tablets for 4" smartphones.A few clients came to me recently and were like, "We want an e-commerce site. Then maybe later apps". Then it hit me a few days ago. Why would you not just make a web app to start off, cut out all the desktop-webby-fluff-crap, go clean, lean, tight, right, sweet with the web app that runs on browser...
Yeah, Apple should fix it, and I think Apple will fix it. It is important to highlight OS X's shortcomings because, IMO, Apple does a relatively good job of addressing them.
At this stage RIM would have to pay me $500 to even touch a Playbook.What nobody seems to talk about is how the BES value proposition eroded. At first everybody was like, oh, can't use iPhone, corporate email security is lousy. Then, a few years ago, the wheels totally came off the BES stuff, suddenly iPhone was everywhere in corporate.Why has RIM not addressed this fundamental issue?