or Connect

Posts by sr2012

This is perhaps self-explanatory. I think we should be able to hide or delete our own posts, I think it would be a good feature. It can still be on record for moderators to review, but given how passionate people (well, me anyways) are, I think the right of free speech is also the right to retract our statements without having to go in and edit everything. We do have a right to express our views, and when either criticised or educated on this, we should delete or hide our...
It's amazing and hilarious, now a lot of people that use Android is to be cool and non-mainstream, the very thing Apple fans have been accused of since the beginning!As to the OP, I think don't be disheartened, I and my previous incarnations am not the best example, but substantial (even if emotional, like me) anti-Apple arguments will be taken seriously, if you ignore the rabble.
(Apologies, used up too many separate replies)
(Apologies, used up too many separate replies)
I now have my life on Dropbox. Even then passwords and so on are encrypted using 1Password. No way would I trust Google with any of this stuff. Let the people download Google Drive, like lambs to the slaughter.Open Street Map. Stop using Google Maps today. Do you want how to drive down a street to be owned by a company, let alone Google? One day, will your car refuse to start because you stopped the auto-drive from displaying ads?Yeah, LOL I recently installed Ghostery and...
This deserves the high Thumbs Up it is getting.
I saw a guy in a suit on the train with a BB. My ^sstard elitism aside, I did feel sadness for him. Like I do for Bill Gates now. At least in the tech world, it is sad to see a giant like that now be so, so very lost.In the case of RIM, it is game over. Steve came on a conference call, a very rare thing, I think in 2009/2010 or something, and said that they just "passed BlackBerry", and that "they would never catch up". I remember exactly where I was when listening to the...
Yup, This^. The running software has to be very clever I think in communicating with the Windows graphics driver, which is precisely what GPU overclocking apps are supposed to do. Other apps, I really don't think they facilitate such Windows fault tolerance stuff. Even games, where you'd imagine it is quite important, I am not sure that they also manage or facilitate fault tolerance well, because most of the time the games or the user is just hammering the GPU and CPU 100%...
OK fair enough, then I've never seen it from the time of Vista through Windows7 (and I've been through them all, 32bit, 64bit), except in rare times running GPU overclocking apps.Could it have been working in the background unnoticed at other times? Perhaps, but I still did get BSODs every now and then.For heaven's sake even in 7 and definitely in Vista, good luck Alt-Tabbing out of a fullscreen game. The moment you do that you pretty much lose all hope of actually...
Not sure how AIR and Adobe DRM solves anything on Android... Except for packaging AIR into Android apps? And who uses Adobe DRM, let alone purchases anything much on Android? Maybe I'm missing something. If Adobe is so committed, why can't I easily view Flash videos from any website on any Android device?Right, for all their hue and cry, Adobe failed for five years. Why can't Flash mobile deliver "premium experiences"? Why do mobile websites now use HTML5? Even so, a heck...