or Connect

Posts by mcrs

Psst..., You forgot to add another 25,600,000 Windows 7 PC's eligible for the USD 15 upgrade to W8.    so, the 90/10 split is still intact, i.e. W8's (25,600,000+ 10,000,000)  against   OSX's 3,000,000   If you add iOS that will change the ratio quite a bit, but not as much as you'd estimated. It will probably up the numbers to Apple's favor at most to the high teens. Furthermore, this past one decade is not enough to change Apple's fortune in OS category, but another...
Ebooks are normally in the range of 500kb to upwards of 4MB. Audiobooks, on the other hand, are different beasts, normally between 150MB to over 1GB in some instances because they are recorded voices in MP3/AAC or other compressed lossy formats.
Tallest, it's no longer an "icon"- that was so yesterday..., remember-. It's live tiles now. If you don't like the most revolutionary change made to the iconic 30-year-old-GUI, you can always stay with the older Windows, "the WOlds", or perhaps you can install a software which will bypass the live tiles and straight to desktop plus a Start menu makeover on Windows 8. It would be clunky, but that'll work if you prefer to get stuck in the past. I am sure with the potential...
Taken from BBC:      One of the judges - who noted he owned an iPad himself - explained why Apple had lost the appeal in his ruling. "Because this case (and parallel cases in other countries) has generated much publicity, it will avoid confusion to say what this case is about and not about," wrote Sir Robin Jacob. "It is not about whether Samsung copied Apple's iPad. Infringement of a registered design does not involve any question of whether there was...
I love this i-gadget users' mentality. If something goes wrong, be it software or hardware, the first thought that comes to their mind is: Maybe it's just me? Wow..., I mean wow... and wow, i.e. Job's famous "three last words". Jobs and Apple have done an excellent job of brainwashing all their i-gadgetees into thinking that when something goes wrong with their gadgets, it's never Apple's problems but always their users' mistakes. There are bugs being implanted inside...
Will this Kotex Minipad, ehrll..., Ipad mini blends better than either Iphone5 or Galaxy S3? I know that Iphone5 seems to blend faster than Galaxy S3. It's hard to believe that a more metallic object like Iphone5 will blend quicker than the cheapo plasticky Galaxy S3....  
Any of the current technology of LCD/LED TV can not beat the picture quality of a Plasma TV. But, who still wants to build and sell a 42+ inch TV that sells for less than an Ipad of merely 10 inch screen? The rate of return just keeps diminishing by the days...  
And in the case of Apple? Apple can wait for  a year or two, maybe three or more- taking its own sweet time, before filing its patent infringement claims. Apple is so special. 
The making of Microsoft Surface  
Now you see it...   The making of Microsoft Surface