or Connect

Posts by mcrs

Aha...!, now we know where the could-have-been-TSMC's USD 1 Billion is being passed on to...
Nope, you've misunderstood me. Since we ALL know MOST Apple Idevice users are MORE affluent and MORE intelligent than other smartphone users, they CAN AFFORD to buy an UNLOCKED Idevices. So, why do you GIVE your money for free? Telcos are NOT non-profit charity organizations. Affluent people USUALLY are very smart with their money, and IF they give money away for charity, usually they want to get some TAX BREAK in return, even for a dime.
Is that the way you think? How easy for The Telco and Apple to dupe you, or, rather, how lazy it is for you to calculate the real cost of owning a new Iphone. Hypothetically speaking, say you had spend USD 200 with a tied in 2 year contract for an Iphone 4 which actually costs only USD 600. Assuming you are going for the USD 75 per month plan from the Telco of your choice, you'd have spend [24 X 75] + 200 = USD 2000 for an Iphone 4. Had you bought your Iphone 4 unlocked,...
  Ah..., it is possible that the "senseUI" had the idea "borrowed" from Apple. Whether the implementation is identical or not, I am not sure. The original SenseUI came from HTC, so we'll have to let HTC answer to Apple with regard to this when the time comes..
Just to clarify, as I see bullets are flying like nobody's business here- fanaticism at its best, even the wrong person could become a shooting target. Had this is a religious forum, the Department of Homeland Security would've shut this site down already.     As I had numerous times changed the ROM of my old Sony Xperia X1, originally installed with the stock ROM of Windows Mobile 6.1 OS, I would say I switched rom for at least four different times. I switched the ROM...
Funny, I know the old Windows Phone already have these functionalities since about two years ago . It was windows mobile 6.x skin created by a group of programmers. And, I don't think the poor hobbyist-tinkerer programmers ever had a thought of patenting their idea. Great job Apple...., another people's idea got patented and later to be monetized.   
  I think the youth usually has one of those "umph" better known as idealism and usually coupled with nationalism. Nevertheless, these flag waving youth can easily blame the west for many things they considered as injustice. The one particular example was the Asian Currency Crisis of the late 1990's. When the IMF stepped in to remedy the dangerous Asian Economic Contagion. This new caretaker suddenly dictated what had to be done, what austerity measures and what not,...
Do you care to give examples of your statement [one in bold face]? Koreans in particular see Americans as their saviors during the Korean War. And, South Korea is among the staunchest US ally in Asia and Pacific. The only thing I know how Koreans hate the Japanese to the bone, the sentiment imparted and kept for generations as a result of Japanese occupation of the Korean Peninsula in the early 1900.    The US regimes which had catered and pampered many iron fist...
You meant ALL 150+ 4G LTE patents it got off Nortel? Armed only with these, Apple is indeed screwed. Thankfully, Apple has Qualcomm on its side for the so-called "patent exhaustion" defense, since Apple is using Qualcomm's chip. That being said, any 4G LTE patents outside of Qualcomm's reach, literally thousands of them by numerous parties [Nokia, Samsung, Sony, Ericsson, Panasonic, Interdigital, LG, Motorola,...], will be Apple's nightmare. Since Apple is in aggressive...
This is huge in the US, yes. But, elsewhere? I don't think the impact will be that big. Different countries always mean different jurisdictions. Although, many, if not all, of Android phone makers will try harder to make sure that their phones are not infringing Apple's patents just to avoid of being hassled or haggled in the court of law by Apple anywhere on the planet. You have to remember  that the huge and ever growing market for smartphones is actually outside of the...